Anyone ever...

Options
try cleansing or liquid diets? Or just cleansing for the purpose of cleansing??? I've wanted to try it, but don't know anything about it!

Replies

• KrissyChefBaby
    KrissyChefBaby Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am starting the Lemonade Diet on Saturday
  • ♥♥YoungMrs♥♥
    Options
    i was on a beer diet once..didnt work out so well
  • nitka653
    nitka653 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but I have never seen any evidence that made me believe any detox liquid diet could be good for you. Seriously before you consider anything drastic, even big calorie reductions, you should talk with your Doc.

KrissyChefBaby, I looked up the Lemonade Diet just because I had not even heard of it, here's a link I found... Just saying please read and consider asking your Doc first (if you haven't already -- if you have, please disregard and accept any apologies).
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-lemonade-diet-master-cleanse-diet

For one thing, your body NEEDS protein to keep your muscles healthy. Guess what your Heart is a muscle, don't want to damage that Baby!

Good Luck with whatever you all decide. It's definitely a process, Gods know I'm still learning myself.
  • janetj518
    Options
    Hubby and I started "juicing" on Monday. We are replacing 2 meals a day with homemade green juice or a protein (no sugar added) drink and really paying attention to what we eat for the 1 meal. We both have lost 7 lbs!
  • lizmaebar
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I really appreciate everyone's opinions and lol beer diet :D I want to check out this holistic medicine place near my house. I want to detoxify my body! I think I'm becoming a hippie :) I want to me more in tune with my body and nature.
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    No need to "detoxify" because your body isn't toxic. It doesn't hoard toxins until you do something about it (unless you're exposed to high levels of heavy metals, that is)--your kidneys and other innards are doing something about it every minute of every day.

"Detox" diets are one of the biggest rip-offs in dieting history. Eat healthy, drink plenty of fluids, and get exercise--your body will take care of the "detoxifying" quite nicely all on its own.

Kris
  • kooshajan
    kooshajan Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I did the master cleanse (aka the lemonade diet) in the past for a little over one week. Lost nearly 10 pounds...but of course the majority of this was waterweight. Its super tough to stick too and I was sick and starving. Id never recommend it to anyone!
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    No need to "detoxify" because your body isn't toxic. It doesn't hoard toxins until you do something about it (unless you're exposed to high levels of heavy metals, that is)--your kidneys and other innards are doing something about it every minute of every day.

"Detox" diets are one of the biggest rip-offs in dieting history. Eat healthy, drink plenty of fluids, and get exercise--your body will take care of the "detoxifying" quite nicely all on its own.

Kris

This.
  • Mollywater
    Mollywater Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Kris

Agreed.
    I think a juice fast is ok, as long as we are talking fresh veggies and fruits (not store bought juice....lol), because you are still getting essential vitamins and minerals. However, I would only do that for a few days at the most.

This.
  • CrisN99
    CrisN99 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

Kris

I agree. When people use those cleanses all that you lose is water, and stool- which will both come back as part of your bodies amazing processes. :) I have heard people improve their moods and nutrient intake with juicing, though I have never attempted it. At this stage, I like to actually chew my calories! LOL And so the only liquid I drink is tea(iced, unsweet) and lots of water!

Good luck with whatever you choose!
  • 45gal
    45gal Posts: 3
    Options
    I havent'. I've wanted to, I have bought two of them but they scare me a little. Let me know if you do one and how it goes.