Hi All!!!

Options
Hi All!!!
My name is Amber, and I am trying to get healthy! After 5 years of college, 2 deaths in the family, and a few destroyed friendships the pounds piled on!! I am at the point where I can say I have gained 100 lbs since high school =( I am 23 and 276lbs. Lately I have been realizing that it takes quite a maneuver just to stand up from a sitting position on the floor, and even tying my shoes. I have no idea how exactly I got here, but I know the only way to get to where I need to be is hard work, effort, and people pushing me along the way.
I am following www.about.com's 12 weeks to weight loss. It seems like a good balance of exercise, watching what I eat, and great information without giving me high and expectations and massive weight loss. I would encourage others to check it out and maybe we can do it together.

I am looking for friends of all shapes and sizes to encourage and challenge me!!

Replies

• tmptina
    tmptina Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hello! The more pals the merrier!:drinker:
  • deborahcotton
    Options
    welome to mfp....this is a great site and has helped me a lot i just started it a few weeks ago but i love it....the people are very friendly very encouraging and suuportive.....great friends....and i love the fact that i just type in what i have eaten and it calculates everything for me....i am 42...5'2 and was 332lbs i am now down to 318lbs....just that quick.....hope we can be friends.....welcome aboard.....DEBORAH
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    hi welcome! You're gonna love it here. I've been here since 7/10/11, not quite a month and lost 9 lbs so far - I'm very pleased & excited. It works if you work it.

best wishes - have fun!
  • trishc39076
    Options
    I need to lose 100 pounds also. Feel free to friend me and we can encourage each other!
  • genielisa
    genielisa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel with it being hard to get up from sitting on the floor and bending over to tie shoes. I've just joined myself. Together we can do it!
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Feel free to add me if you would like.