Low Carb Chicken Ideas

Options
Would love to get ideas for low-carb chicken meal ideas! :)

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Chicken by itself has zero carbs. So if you can avoid all sides you are golden.

Braise chicken breast in stock and cube it.

Marinate the breast in soy sauce and a little pepper then BBQ it or bake it.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    KFC makes a seasonal low carb burger that is two chicken breasts used as the “bun”, surrounding bacon and cheese.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Don't eat the fried batter.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Marinate or dry rub then grill, outdoor or countertop .
  • Anotherone8
    Anotherone8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like to grill a boneless chicken breast and the top it with grated cheddar, picante sauce, and either a dollop of guacamole or sour cream. It’s quite delicious and satisfying. Very low carb!
  • BCPIVEsq
    BCPIVEsq Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I love this chicken, tomato and artichoke bake from Budget Bytes. Make sure to use the fire roasted tomatoes. I usually make it with quinoa, but that adds carbs. I am sure it would be quite fine on its own.

https://www.budgetbytes.com/2016/12/baked-chicken-artichokes-tomatoes/
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Would love to get ideas for low-carb chicken meal ideas! :)

Stuff with cheese and fresh basil, wrap in Parma ham. Serve with roast veg, i like mushrooms and asparagus.
  • Calichusetts
    Calichusetts Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Baked skinless chicken (just garlic and pepper) with a side of veggies. So good and healthy
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hasselback chicken - cut a whole boneless/skinless breast vertically, but not all the way through, stuff it between slices, bake it.

Ricotta cheese, Parmesan, garlic, sauteed spinach - top with some extra Parm or shredded cheese. You can add some lower-sugar tomato sauce, and it starts to taste get a lasagna flavor.

Cheddar and broccoli (thin-sliced ham if you want to get crazy)

Poblano (or jalapeno) pepper, pepper jack or cream cheese, season with some chili powder and cumin, top with salsa when it's done

Also, pan-seared, skin-on thighs are great. It's hard to beat crispy skin.