Loosing weight as a food server

Hello all, I'm Maria and I have already lost around 13 pounds 6 of them when I incorporate My fitnesspal as my tracking system. I have been stuck in this weight for a week and I have at least 6 to 10 pound to reach my goal. I'm doing great with reducing meals portions and spreading the meals propertely during the days but recently I found myself snacking from the food we get when we break down buffets as I am a food server. Holidays buffets, sushi and desserts and it's terrible. There's anything you suggest me to do to control this and avoid snaking when I spend my day exposed to delisious little dishes? Should I just skip dinner if I know I might be doing late night snaking? Thanks!

Replies

• JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    edited December 2017
    beaglady wrote: »
    Imagine the guests sneezing on the food while it was on the buffet. Now it's much less appealing.

Exactly. It wouldn't be hard for me not to touch the food after random people were grazing all day/night. I don't do buffets.

• FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Pick one dessert in advance and tell yourself that you will have ONE if there are any left at breakdown.

I would make sure to be extra full through the event: have a bowl of oatmeal for dinner, bring water, pack a container of strawberries, etc.
  • agusmartinezro
    agusmartinezro Posts: 5 Member
    edited December 2017
    Thank you guys, I appreciate your suggestion. The buffets I am exposed to are very special and fancy so even though I hate the fact that the food been out there still is nice and looks great or we get leftovers right from the kitchen or they cook special for after shift... I realized water and green tea after my dinner break will help a lot with temptations specially with desserts. I hope I can make it work. I will be strong and commit with a better new me! Thanks