HCG Diet Questions

Options
Hey

Just wondering if anyone on here tried the HCG diet, and have you found any success?

Replies

• msshauntia
    Options
    Hi, Im trying it with a friend for the first time. I'd also like to know what others think about it.
  • farfalledibaciodinotte
    Options
    there's nothing good about a quick fix.. trust me I've been there... yes, it works, but once you stop the diet... things go back to the way they were before.... so unless you plan on dishing out 50 bucks a month for the rest of your life.... I'd suggest a different option should be researched.
  • Kykemae
    Kykemae Posts: 10
    Options
    Well, can you tell me your expensive? what day are you on?
  • msshauntia
    Options
    Im only on day three, dont know if i like it or not...still waiting to see results.

I know its a quick fix. but after the weight is gone, I plan on maintaining.
  • Kykemae
    Options
    Thankss wowifey..

I wanted a jump start in changing the way I eat. I am not use to being this size. After my car accident, I gained 30 lbs...(How?) I am a dancer, and without any activity I BLEW UP!!!!

Sorry typo for tia...Experience not expensive
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Any plan that expects you to eat VERY few calories and NOT exercise is not one my body will be put through.
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with that diet. I mean anybody can lose weight eating only 500 calories a day....If you don't believe me then try it. Your body actually needs way more calories than that to sustain itself. You also need to exercise and on the HGC diet you can't. Does any diet that says don't exercise sound like a good one? I mean come on people! I think it is a quick fix and the minute you go back to eating regularly you will gain the weight back...I have personally seen that from my friends who did the diet. To actually lose weight and keep it off you need a lifestyle change....not a quick fix! Not trying to be mean with my post....It is just my opinion but I do have friends that have done the diet and I have seen what happens first hand.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/hcg-weight-loss-bbb-alert-aug-3-2011

The FDA has called it fraudulent. You lose weight because you starve yourself on 500 calories a day, which has serious health consequences. There is no evidence that it reduces appetite either.
  • msshauntia
    Options
    Good advice Morrow...
  • princess4mimi
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • danbabcock
    Options
    any diet that requires you to eat only 500(ish) calories a day and NOT exercise is BAD. you think you won't lose lean muscle mass as well? thats the first thing to go, then the fat.
  • sftblmama
    sftblmama Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    there's nothing good about a quick fix.. trust me I've been there... yes, it works, but once you stop the diet... things go back to the way they were before.... so unless you plan on dishing out 50 bucks a month for the rest of your life.... I'd suggest a different option should be researched.

Totally agree! My husband and I both tried it together. We were totally miserable from lack of nutrition. And, we barely lost what we gained during the "loading" phase. It is a huge scam that is making people starve themselves and think that they are losing real weight. Trust me it is not worth your time and money. Luckily the company I ordered from gave me no hassle at all to return it. I have just been keeping track of my calories and exercising and I couldn't be more happy with the results. AND, I am NOT starving myself to the brink of insanity! Do the research. Chances are you didn't put the weight on over night, so be patient when it comes off. Good luck.
  • Kykemae
    Options
    Morrow Thanks for the advice, but quick question...What if you are using it to change the way you eat? I can understand when ppl use it and then go back to eating the way they were.....Jorra I am going to check out your link. Thanks for sharing it
  • Chrisandsteph99
    Options
    Don't do it. It is not FDA approved for weight loss. Google the show The Doctors. They did a show on it. They said anyone can lose weight eating 500 calories a day and as soon as you stop the weight is back.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    A personal trainer and registered dietician told me that this diet has ruined many people's metabolism due to the extremely low cals. I would say do it the healthy way even if it takes longer. It will stay off and not ruin your metabolism.
  • RoseBlanc
    RoseBlanc Posts: 140
    Options
    Heres what I think: I can eat 500 calories a day and lose serious weight. Don't have to take a pill.
    I'm eating disordered, I'd know.

Now.
    Something YOU should know;
    The pill form of that either A) doesn't actually contain the hormone, or B) contains only trace amounts. Either way, you're wasting your money. Period.
    Back in the 50's and 60's my mother was a race horse jockey. Her father was a doctor with his own practice. She, and the other Jockeys in the area, were given the HCG hormone by injection 1-3 times a week depending on what they were approved for. They were kept on a 1500 calorie diet, and race-horse tack (saddle, ect) included she would weigh in at 120 (she's 5'4'')
    They were all kept under close supervision and other than horseback riding did NOT work out.
    All of them maintained the lowest they could healthily without trying.

The pill form of this is not effective. It's a starvation diet. End of story. Go try to eat less than 500 calories every single day if you absolutely have to have instant results, and save yourself some money on those placebo pills.
  • Kykemae
    Options
    I feel like I put it on over night. I am naturally a very active person..Things have been slow as far as me getting back into the gym and dance classes and auditioning....

It's very frustrating to gain 30 lbs in literally 3 - 4 months (no joke) But when I was dancing I could eat whatever I wanted. Sigh :(
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Morrow Thanks for the advice, but quick question...What if you are using it to change the way you eat? I can understand when ppl use it and then go back to eating the way they were.....Jorra I am going to check out your link. Thanks for sharing it

I've changed the way I eat drastically without resorting to a period of extreme restriction. It's much easier to take baby steps. Incorporate more fresh foods, eat out less, focus on one thing at a time. If you want to change your lifestyle for the better, you're going to have to take the time and invest in it.
  • GinaMR
    GinaMR Posts: 5
    Options
    :/
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz did a segment on it - it is a 4 part series and is available to view on his website. It's in the video segments.

To explain a bit about hCG - once you stop the drops there is a strict maintenance period - just like you should have following any diet where you lose a lot of weight and then need to reintroduce foods into your diet. The maintenance period lasts 6 weeks, and each week you introduce new foods, say dairy, fruit, and other carbs back into your diet, all while weighing yourself every day and following the plan.

Hope this information - and the videos on Dr Oz's site, will help you. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.