Apple Watch

Options
Do you have to manually log your workouts that are not step based?

Replies

• edlanglais5
    edlanglais5 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    No, assuming you’re recording them on your Apple Watch, and it’s synced properly, any watch workout that corresponds to an MFP workout should I sync automatically.
  • newwed412
    newwed412 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That’s the problem, mine isn’t syncing for some reason. It hasn’t been for weeks now. It only gives me credit for steps and not workouts.
  • edlanglais5
    Options
    Did you double check your settings? I would call Apple support.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    There have been some watch updates, so be sure you have updated. I had a synch issue between AW and MFP and what helped was to delete MFP on my phone, re-add it, then open MFP there and from then on the transfer (which goes thru the Apple Health app) seemed to work whether I was accessing MFP on my phone or my laptop.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    What type of workout are you doing? If you record an "other" workout and then "name" it on the AW, there are certain names that won't be recognised by MFP. HIIT is one of them, there are a few that won't sync. Just leave them as plain "other" and they will come through as Apple Health Workout.
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    No, assuming you’re recording them on your Apple Watch, and it’s synced properly, any watch workout that corresponds to an MFP workout should I sync automatically.

Not all correspond, MFP doesn't recognise HIIT e.g. so you should avoid using the labels.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    You might need to add the watch both under steps here on MFP, and then give MFP access through the Health app on your phone if you're not getting any workouts at all. I was only getting steps at first too until I did the second part. There are some glitches as noted in earlier comments, but I can attest that walk/run/bike should all sync fine.
  • edlanglais5
    Options

Not all correspond, MFP doesn't recognise HIIT e.g. so you should avoid using the labels.

Exactly, which is why I’ve done some trial and error to see which ones correspond. If one doesn’t, I’ve recorded manually and made sure for further reference to record as other. Would be nice if MFP corresponded all watch workouts but such is life.

• newwed412
    newwed412 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have been doing HIIT so I guess that’s why, I will try tonight to leave as other and see what happens. Thanks everyone for your help!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options

Exactly, which is why I’ve done some trial and error to see which ones correspond. If one doesn’t, I’ve recorded manually and made sure for further reference to record as other. Would be nice if MFP corresponded all watch workouts but such is life.

Just off hand, have you figured out a way to log circuit training? I've been being lazy and entering it manually, but it would be nice if it synced.
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    Just don't name the workouts, leave them as "other" plain.