Ladies!! It's Chin-Up Challenge Day!

Options
Attention Ladies!! Today is the day to report how many chin-ups you can do in one setting without stopping. Just reply to this post with your starting number.

Good luck!

[url=]rosie-122x189.JPG[/url]
Attention all ladies!

Do you want sculpted arms like Kelly Ripa, or biceps like First Lady Michelle Obama, or how about power arms like Madonna?

Then get ready ladies! We are hosting a Chin-Up Challenge!

The challenge runs from August 1st through December 1st, 2011. The winner will be the female who can complete the most Chin-Ups in one setting.

There are some rules:
-- On the first day (August 1st), do as many Chin-ups as you can without pausing (stopping for more than 3 seconds) and report it on this thread on August 1st.
--Hands should be shoulder width apart or less
--Palms should face towards you
--Start from a dead hang
--Lift is finished when the chin is completely over the bar
--Kicking empty air with your feet is allowed
--If you can already do one or more chin ups when the challenge starts then you will be graded on the increase from your starting number
-- No assistance is allowed for helping with Chin Ups when doing an official count
-- Have fun!

Participants will check-in with the total number of completed chin-ups in one session without pausing on August 1st, September 1st, October 1st, November 1st, and December 1st.

So come on ladies and challenge yourself!

I’ve created a spreadsheet in Google Docs to keep track of our progress. Here is the link:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnM2hkxLxQ-zdGltVEM0bUpheTBhYTJuektKSVA3Tmc&hl=en_US

You do not need a Gmail account to access the document but you do need this link.

If you would like to participate, please respond with the number of chin-ups you can successfully complete on August 1st.

Good luck and may we all build sexy arms together!

Replies

• karrenbennett
    Options
    My starting number is.....(drum roll please!) .... 0 !!!!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Chin ups are something I've always wanted to be able to do but haven't! I started P90X today, so that should help me be able to do well on this challenge.

My starting number is 0.
  • belleandor
    belleandor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did exactly 0. It has been a while since I have done one and thought I would still be able to do it. Guess not. Thanks for the inspiration to et these back!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I want in on this!

I am not a chin-up girl, I can't do any!
  • Corachan
    Corachan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm so in! My number is 0.

Here's hoping for some improvement soon. ^_^
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Bump! I used to be able to do 7, but that was a good 10-12 years ago. I'll stop by the neighborhood playground on the way home from work and see how many I can do from the monkey bars. I'll be surprised if I can still do any.
  • georgiajuly
    Options
    Bump! I used to be able to do 7, but that was a good 10-12 years ago. I'll stop by the neighborhood playground on the way home from work and see how many I can do from the monkey bars. I'll be surprised if I can still do any.
    Go for it!
    I'm a zero!
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Imagine the neighbors' surprise when they saw a lady in dress pants and high heels trying to do a pull-up on the playground equipment! :laugh: Lo and behold, I'm now at a big, fat 0. Challenge accepted, time to whip myself back into shape!
  • missbeccaanne
    Options
    I got .25 of a chin up done so I will go ahead and say 0.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Crap! I forgot to do it yesterday! I'll add it to my workout today and let y'all know!
  • karrenbennett
    Options
    Imagine the neighbors' surprise when they saw a lady in dress pants and high heels trying to do a pull-up on the playground equipment! :laugh: Lo and behold, I'm now at a big, fat 0. Challenge accepted, time to whip myself back into shape!
    That's funny! We inordinately need a picture of that!
  • karrenbennett
    Options
    I got .25 of a chin up done so I will go ahead and say 0.

LOL! Whole numbers only and no rounding please.
    I think I just barely got my feet off the ground!
  • blnorman29
    blnorman29 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I got 1 full one!

Sorry this is late.
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    So what are yall's workout plans to be able to perform pull ups? I got the door attachment a while back and every guy that's tried it can crank out several of them.. while I work out all the time and can't do ONE! It makes me so mad.. lol

Right now I'm just working with a combo of bands and using a chair to assist until I can build my strength. But I'm up for new ideas to help reach my goals and keep it interesting - if there is any other way to do them. I did use the assisted pull up machine at my gym when I was going to college but now I don't want to pay the membership fee...
  • georgiajuly
    Options
    So what are yall's workout plans to be able to perform pull ups? I got the door attachment a while back and every guy that's tried it can crank out several of them.. while I work out all the time and can't do ONE! It makes me so mad.. lol

Right now I'm just working with a combo of bands and using a chair to assist until I can build my strength. But I'm up for new ideas to help reach my goals and keep it interesting - if there is any other way to do them. I did use the assisted pull up machine at my gym when I was going to college but now I don't want to pay the membership fee...
    Here's the link to the thread where this started. There are a lot of good suggestions.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/297428-ladies-who-do-pullups
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Got a door bar a while ago and have been working my way up, so to speak, lol. Currently still doing negative pull-ups but I will get there!

Start - 0!
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I've always been able to do them thanks to my genetics. Upper body things (climbing, push ups, pull ups) just came natural to me even as a kid. I've been working on these for a while and at the time I can do 12 -14 of them. I'm trying to get to 20 but I've been stalled at 12-14 for a long while.
  • missbeccaanne
    Options
    I'm in. Got a door bar a while ago and have been working my way up, so to speak, lol. Currently still doing negative pull-ups but I will get there!

Start - 0!

I am the same but I have made a point that every time I walk by that bar I attempt to do one. I am getting closer but still have not completed one yet.
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    I've got the chin up and push up day tomorrow for P90X. I'll be focusing more on the negative part of the move. Hopefully I'll be able to do that... either way I won't end this program without being able to do several of them!