I finally lost 100 lbs! What I wish I knew!

Options
Hey y'all! I finally lost 100lbs! I remember when I decided that I wanted to lose 100lbs. It was 6 years ago and I just started a new job. I was just tired of hating what I saw in the mirror, so I was like, "This is it. Let's do it. You'll lose 100lbs and be gorgeous and life will be changed and the world will be yours." So, 6 months later, I had lost 99lbs and I still saw the same person in the mirror and totally quit everything. Gained most of it back.

Fast-forward to now and I finally lost 100lbs and I still look like the person I saw in the mirror 5 and a half years ago, but I have a totally new outlook on everything. Someone told me that if you just focus on finding what's wrong, you will just continue to see what's wrong and never be able to appreciate all of the good things you've been able to accomplish. (I guess we could apply this to all aspects of our lives... but for now, we'll stick to weight loss and fitness.)

Two months ago I ran a 5k over 20 minutes faster than when I started running, my heart rate has gone down over 30 beats per minute, my blood pressure is way down, my BMI is way down (although I know it's not the best tool,) I'm in an awesome pattern of working out 6 times a week, and just generally I have become a lot more comfortable in who I am.

So, no matter where you are on your journey, if you are feeling spent or burnt out or whatever, just try and focus on what you've already accomplished instead of focusing on the negatives or what all you still have to do! Be proud of yourself. As much as we wanna blame our failures and shortcomings on other people, WE control OUR lives and that is a really powerful thing to realize.

Good luck and feel free to add me or say hello! :)

5otvkl6dkeoj.jpg

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Wonderful outlook!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    You sir, are a first class winner and ALL time champion, period. I'm not sure which is cooler, your post OR your avatar pic (doing a hand stand--wayyyyyy cool and fun looking). Lastly, your pics and mental transformation is extremely impressive. YAY YOU!
    o:)B)o:)
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    such a great success story, congrats to you and thanks for sharing!
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options
    Amazing! Life giving! Way to set the example for the little handsome person in your photo! All the best!
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    awww, you and lil' dude are so cute!
  • georgeinthecord
    georgeinthecord Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You sir, are a first class winner and ALL time champion, period. I'm not sure which is cooler, your post OR your avatar pic (doing a hand stand--wayyyyyy cool and fun looking). Lastly, your pics and mental transformation is extremely impressive. YAY YOU!
    o:)B)o:)

OMG the "Journey to a Handstand" should be its own post. hahaha! Thank you! :D
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Beautiful smile, before and after! Looking great!
  • NoxeemaJackson
    NoxeemaJackson Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You look great and I am DYING over how adorable the matchy matchy sweaters you have in pic 2. Love it!
  • John772016
    John772016 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic - 'Horizontal stripes' & still fantastic - Congrats on the 100lbs loss!

Totally agree on focusing on the positive to get you where you need to be! Completely understand the "You'll lose 100lbs and be gorgeous and life will be changed and the world will be yours..." feeling;an unrealistic feeling I needed to get past as well to get to my goal.
  • MISSNYA92
    MISSNYA92 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC!!! Congratulations on your hard work and amazing results.
  • LookItIsMe
    LookItIsMe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! How on earth did you not notice the difference? it's crazy good! Wish you the best with the rest of your work outs and glad your comfortable in your own skin now, keep it up!
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Amazing journey, congrats!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Excellent- Kudos to you!
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You’re a great inspiration! Well done! :)
  • nowornever0430
    nowornever0430 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!
  • xproofx
    xproofx Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Awesome story, and I love the matching outfits in the second pic!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!