Huge stomac fat in a week

Hi I ve been running very hard at the gym and dud weight excersises as well as eating well.
But last week i had two small home made pizzas and had a few crumpets and a chocolate.
After my diet and excersises I achieved a 15 kg weight loss and a flat stomac but this week overnight my stomac looks huge and fat. Is this because i had carbs?

Replies

• sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,130 Member
    You're likely retaining water from the sodium in that meal. No biggie. Drink water and give it a couple of days. It has nothing to do with carbs and you did not gain fat.
  • picturebook
    picturebook Posts: 13 Member
    This happens to me every time I binge on Taco Bell. Legitimately feel like I have a gut the next morning, but within a couple days of eating right and exercising it goes away because it is just water retention/bloat.
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    Definitely not fat. In a completely fictional hypothetical scenario, let's say your body put two pounds of FAT onto your stomach literally overnight, that would mean that you overate your maintenance calories by 7,000 within a day or so. Safe to say you would have noticed that much of an overeat.

You've named two things that could theoretically have caused you put on water weight: work out hard and eat the carbs. The first one is the main culprit. Carbs do cause some to retain a bit of water (notice how 'hydrate' is part of the term) but two small pizzas, a few crumpets, and chocolate wouldn't have caused that much swelling by itself—not without some kind of allergic reaction in any case. On the other hand, the body reacts to changes in routine like working out with temporary water retention though. Could be a combination of both things but I'm guessing mainly the working out part. Ride it out and you'll see yourself deflate before too long as your body gets used to its new routine.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    If you haven't been eating much salty food, then all the (likely large amount of) sodium in the sauce/tomato paste and/or pepperoni/cheese/etc in the pizza would likely cause some water retention you're not used to. If the exercise is new for you, then that will do it too.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited December 2017
    That bloating will have gone by tomorrow, its temporary.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    CARBS ARE THE DEVIL.

But no. You are bloated and retaining water, not fat.
  • anwade01
    anwade01 Posts: 35 Member
    Wow. Yesterday, I worked homemade pizza into my calorie limit. The scale is saying I’ve gained a little. Also, I look bloated today. Hopefully things will go back to normal soon!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    anwade01 wrote: »
    Wow. Yesterday, I worked homemade pizza into my calorie limit. The scale is saying I’ve gained a little. Also, I look bloated today. Hopefully things will go back to normal soon!

It's just water weight from the carbs and will be gone soon.