Low Carb Diet, need Recipes

Options
nickele_d
nickele_d Posts: 18 Member
My calorie goal is 1000 of only Protein and Vegi's.
I'm allowed 250 calories of wheat, fruit and dairy.
Total of 1250 Calories per day.
A custom Weight loss Program, I know what I'm getting myself into.

What I need is some filler recipes meeting those ideal calories, lowest carbs possible.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Replies

• Tayla_Grant
    Tayla_Grant Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    try this webite there are at least a thousand to pick from www.SkinnyTaste.com.
    GOOD LUCK!
  • JCPruitt
    JCPruitt Posts: 53
    Options
    Have you looked into the Paleo Diet? Also, George Stella has a good low carb cookbook. he used to have a show all about low carb cooking.

If you are in need of supplements, I can send you some suggestions.
  • meryllb
    meryllb Posts: 28
    Options
    i would go by grams of protein and carbs rather than cals, because you can have something with a lot of carbs, but lower in cals, or some fruits that are really high in sugar. my md recommended when i started to plateau to cut carbs to under 100g (which is stil a lot: 2 slices of bread, and pasta or potatoes for dinner) and "lean and green" proteins over 100g. and to increase my calories if i needed to, to around 1200 - 1400. before i was following a 1200 cal diet for 2 months and lost 24 lbs, when i plateaued, for 2.5 weeks i had only lost a pound an a half. once i change my diet, i lost 4 pounds in 2.5 weeks.

as far as good protein foods that fill you up: chicken, eggs, some beans, brocolli, spinach
  • csmith4567
    csmith4567 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just found these "Veggie Shred" products in the tofu section of my Publix grocery store. Great way to get the "dairy" feel in your food (i.e., cheese) .. without actually using your dairy allowance .. great on salads, add some turkey and/or turkey ham ... and you have a filling meal.

Also, I've made "wraps" using lettuce leaves in lieu of flatbread.

All time favorite recipe: Parmesean Vegetable Stir Fry: heat a pan with olive oil, throw in 1/2 a small chopped onion, and a clove of diced garlic ... let simmer for a few minutes until soft. Throw in a 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms (I prefer baby bellas), let simmer until softened. Throw in 1-2 cups of fresh spinach leaves ... stir in and let simmer another couple minutes. Squeeze in a little lemon juice (about a tablespoon), then sprinkle in a tablespoon or two of parmesan cheese ... stir and ... Yum!

I hope this is helpful .. and Good Luck on your journey!
  • nickele_d
    nickele_d Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all your thoughts and helpful advise, please keep it coming. Also that does sound a little yummy.
  • suncat
    suncat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Try Willpowerisforfatpeople . com He's a low carb dieter and likes to cook.
  • retta515
    retta515 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use low carb wraps. Walmart still carries them.