HCG Diet Questions

Options
2»

Replies

• msshauntia
    Options
    wow....good stuff.

can exercising on this diet (even though you're not supposed to) reduced muscle mass loss?
  • yvonne1464
    Options
    I think if you have a lot of weight to lose like over 20 lbs. It would kick start your system to burn, however I understand that it takes 3 weeks for your system to adjust so results will vary. A lot of people though have had much success. Check out this Facebook group omni rocks 4 u 2. Since my goal is 10 lbs. I have found that counting the calories is working for me as I am down 3 lbs. The HCG drops through Omnitrition comes with a diet plan. If anyone would like more information let me know as I am an Independent Distributor and love their Charge Energy product. Or checkout their website at www.omnitrition.com.
  • sftblmama
    sftblmama Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I feel like I put it on over night. I am naturally a very active person..Things have been slow as far as me getting back into the gym and dance classes and auditioning....

It's very frustrating to gain 30 lbs in literally 3 - 4 months (no joke) But when I was dancing I could eat whatever I wanted. Sigh :(

It is frustrating, I know. Give yourself 3 to 4 months of good healthy nutrition and exercise and you could lose most if not all of what you gained. That is not at all an unrealistic goal. And, trust me you would be happier in the long run. Don't deprive yourself. Enjoy whatever you want, just measure it and log it and burn it. It really is a lot easier. That food list is sooo boring! And there is absolutely no way you can stay on track if you are at all a busy person. And, if you are a dancer, then chances are that you really don't want to lose all that muscle you are going to need.
  • RoseBlanc
    RoseBlanc Posts: 140
    Options
    wow....good stuff.

can exercising on this diet (even though you're not supposed to) reduced muscle mass loss?

It's difficult if not impossible to develop muscle while on a calorie restriction.
    Maintaining it is only dependent on the amount of protein you consume and the strength training you do during the time of restriction.
    But, uh, you want to work out hardcore on 500 calories and see what happens? I wouldn't recommend it!
  • msshauntia
    Options
    oh no. not hardcore. maybe just some light weight training.
  • RoseBlanc
    RoseBlanc Posts: 140
    Options
    oh no. not hardcore. maybe just some light weight training.

Again, I wouldn't recommend it.

At 1500 calories they told my mother and the other jockeys NOT to work out outside of horseback riding.
  • Kykemae
    Kykemae Posts: 10
    Options
    What if I do 1000 calories?
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    What if I do 1000 calories?

Here is a calculator you can use to calculate your BMR: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

This number should probably be your net calories. It may seem like a lot, but if you're working out and eating your exercise calories back, you should lose weight. I had to learn all this the hard way after working out like crazy and not eating enough.
  • Kykemae
    Options
    Thanks..what does BMR stand for..I know BMI but never heard of BMR?
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Thanks..what does BMR stand for..I know BMI but never heard of BMR?

BMR is your basal metabolic rate, it's the number of calories your body burns just by living and breathing. The majority of the energy your body uses is used in the processes that keep you alive (i.e. digesting), not the ones that keep you moving (i.e. exercise).
  • Kykemae
    Options
    Awesome..thanks for much!!!!!
  • klabeau
    klabeau Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Awesome..thanks for much!!!!!

I began in April. I lost 52. I'm now back to eating 1400 to 1500 cals per day and working out with a personal trainer. I've never felt better. Doctor even took me off my blood pressure meds after 11 yrs!
  • Flora_k
    Flora_k Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I would really urge anybody even considering this diet to be very cautious! Had a friend who became a distributor and started posting before and after photos of people who were doing the diet, I figured I'd try it Really, I've done diets before and lost weight, couldn't hurt right?

Boy was I wrong.

This diet affected my heart. I've had to wear a heart monitor and have had to have a number of medical appointments now. Contrary to what you are told, hCG does NOT target only fat. I have now talked to people who developed problems with their gallbladder, kidneys and hearts. This is serious! Is it the hCG doing the damage? No way to know. There are studies that showing 500 calorie diets are harmful and should only be used when you are being closely monitored by a physician. Generally they are for people who are seriously obese and the doctor can judge when to stop the diet.

I've no doubt now that I fell for a huge scam. Only one week after losing on this diet and they were pushing me to be a distributor. Come to find out, very few can last on this diet so they need fresh faces selling to make their profits. The ones who do stay on the diet for any longer length of time look positively ill.

Please, find another way to lose weight. I can say this diet was one of the worst mistakes I've ever made!
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    *popcorn*

should last me till the thread lock
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Morrow Thanks for the advice, but quick question...What if you are using it to change the way you eat? I can understand when ppl use it and then go back to eating the way they were.....Jorra I am going to check out your link. Thanks for sharing it

You can change the way you eat without paying for this stuff... :smile:
    You don't need those darn drops either to eat and lose weight on 500 calories. I certainly do NOT recommend only eating 500 calories either..
  • sweetrena
    sweetrena Posts: 10
    Options
    I just tried this diet for not even half a day and felt so deprived that I realized it's not right for me. I don't think you should feel deprived when trying to lose weight. I'd rather it take 6 months to lose the weight I have to lose than starve myself and feel miserable. I bet once you lose the weight it wll creep back up anyway......
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Instead of eating only 500 calories per day, eat 500 calories less per day than what you do now ;)
    I could not deal with only 500 calories a day.
    I have fasted from meals, and even took a complete day once - this helps me with my mindset and also measuring helps me recognize TRUE portion control..
This discussion has been closed.