What size thigh should someone with a height of 5ft 3 inches aim for?

Options
My thighs are 20.5 inches (measured at widest part) whats size should I aim for?

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    It’s based on genetics
  • jessef593
    Options
    Are you male. Female. Body building. Fat loss. Overweight. Muscular. Where are you measuring from?

People can have larger legs but have more fat, or thinner legs with more muscle and vice versa. There’s nothing to aim for. You cannot carry measurements from one person to the next
  • seething101
    seething101 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm female and at my kneecap is 13.7 inches, I'm currently 130 lbs with 25.73% of body fat
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    You can aim for whatever you like, but it's mostly genetics. The smallest my thighs have ever been was 19.5".
  • jessef593
    Options
    Why do you care what your measurements are? It should be body fat percentage and health that matters. You have a fairly average bf%. So truly it doesn’t matter. Thick thighs/glutes are quite attractive to be honest and many men would agree.
  • jessef593
    Options
    In my prof picture look at the size difference between myself and my gf. Yet we have relatively similar thigh sizes despite me having fairly developed legs. It’s genetics and just how you’re developed.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Yea I would pick another type of goal, there is going to be no set number to aim for. I track my measurements and see if they go up/down but honestly overall I am looking at how I look and feel
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I just measured mine out of curiosity. Mine are 23.5...I've had no complaints.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    My thighs are 20.5 inches (measured at widest part) whats size should I aim for?

• HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

WTH is going on with MFP today?

My thoughts exactly..
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Mine are around 23". I'd like them to be around 25". But I want giant quads that won't fit into jeans, so YMMV.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

what a strange, strange goal/post.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I actually have a thigh goal atm......... my sister inn law gave me a pair of the most beautiful thigh high boots, they fit my feet perfectly and are so comfy even with the hight of the heel.
    she gave them as they no longer go past her knee.

on me they just cover my knee so my thigh goal is for them to fit properly, and frankly they are so beaut Im not gonna give up until I reach that goal lol
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    20.5 sounds perfectly reasonable.

I think mine are 24".
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Hee hee, yesterday I put a pair of jeans on that I hadn't worn since last winter and they were tight around the thighs and snug on my tush so I was all excited and admiring my little gain- enough that I considered posting a proud pic on MFP.

I've just measured my thighs19in.
    Ah well, I know my lower half doesn't carry much weight so what can I expect- definitely not a bubble butt or a good front sweep.
    Still happy with my little gain, less jiggle and strength increase.

Ya just got to work with what you've got.

Cheers, h.
  • Thewarriorlady00
    Thewarriorlady00 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Mine are 23. I'm 5ft2 and they were 26. I'm roughly halfway through my weightloss journey. I only have 21lbs left to lose. I personally wouldn't want my thighs under 20 but that's me, I've always had thick strong legs and an *kitten*, wouldn't want to change it xx
  • Thewarriorlady00
    Thewarriorlady00 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    *kitten* was actually peach lol xx
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    shooting for some arbitrary thigh size as a goal is kinda odd...there isn't a one size fits all...different builds, different frames, etc...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,958 Member
    Options
    Is this a thigh gap post? Because I haven't seen one of them for ages.

Also, thanks a lot OP. I had to get up and go measure mine. 21.