Movies/TV that Inspire or Motivate

Options
Hey Friends.
SO I want to make a list of movies or tv shows that make us feel like getting in shape or get our butts in gear and work out.
I know any type of dance movie usually motivates me. Here is some that I can think of.
Please add any more you can think of!

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Step Up
Center Stage
Last Dance
Blue Crush
Make it or Break It (TV)
Footloose
Dirty Dancing 1&2

Replies

• miss84
    miss84 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This might sound a little odd, but I put Avatar on the TV to watch while on the treadmill the other day!!! Watching those lean lithe bodies running and jumping around realy kept me going haha
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    fathead! lol
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have a few:

First is "I want to look like that guy" which is a recent documentary on what is required to be like a cover model. Revealing stuff.

I would have to say "Stick It" - movies on gymnastics are always much more impressive than dance movies to me.

Dragonball Z - Whilst an anime it is definitely positive for training
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Breaking Away. But only because I am a retro old geezer sprokethead. And I love Bloomington. :smile:
  • mmysliws
    mmysliws Posts: 15
    Options
    one of my motivation movies is house bunny....terrible movie but all the women in the movie have great bodies and even tho they are overly sexualized in the movie it makes me want to go workout
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    She Devil
    Makes me wanna have a makeover & get revenge LOL
  • nbtags1989
    Options
    Say Yes to the Dress. I'm getting married so seeing all of those pretty dresses makes me want to work out so I can look good on my wedding day :)
  • MrsGrace
    MrsGrace Posts: 13
    Options
    I watch G.I. Jane for motivation. Nothing like a gal that can do one-armed pushups to impress and inspire!!
  • fantasticj5
    Options
    one that makes you wanna work it....Burlesque
  • pattiann603
    Options
    Girlfight!

I love the empowerment makeover, and I love seeing the kind of dedication a woman boxer has to have. If they can do all that, I can definitely lose a pound or two.
  • brvanover
    Options
    Blue Crush
    The Girls Next Door
    Stick It
    Coyote Ugly
    Charlie's Angels
    Honey
  • Violin11
    Violin11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've actually gotten a lot of inspiration from Extreme Makeover: Weightloss Edition. I know those people get a lot of extra help, but they still manage great things in the span of a year. It got me interested in going back to the gym again.
  • LordRahl
    LordRahl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Extreme Makeover, the fact that these people are much bigger than "Biggest Loser" and still lose it, is motivating.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    another vote for Blue Crush and GirlFight here

Also Lost - Kate's toned bod and the way she kicks *kitten* is motivational.
  • melbasha
    Options
    Yah! I forgot about that one. That is a great one! It does make me want to get up and be energetic. : )
  • melbasha
    Options
    Oh Yah, I remember stick it. I will have to watch that one again. Make it Or Break it really motivates me and thats all about gymnastics
  • pats12to83
    Options
    Got a few good ones here from a guy perspective...

Rocky 4 especially when he goes running in the snow
    Remember the Titans especially scene where they jog to Gettysburg
    Men of Honor Cuba Gooding getting in shape with one leg to pass his Diver test
    Invincible- Story of a guy off street making Philadephia Eagles