Calories and exercise

Options
My cal goal is 1370 or something and I can never manage to get that high. the most i can eat is like 600-800 and i tend to burn off 900-1000 cal each night. I was losing 1 pound a day, or so it would seem, but now i gained back 2 pounds and i dont know why. has this happened to anyone else?

Replies

• beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    How many meals a day are you eating? You won't continue to lose weight eating that few calories.
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    Options
    i have breakfeast, maybe some snacks, and maybe dinner. i dont get hungry enough to eat 1370 cals.
  • songbird1973
    Options
    Sounds like your body is going into starvation mode, you have to eat more calories. You should at least be eating your allotted calories, especially with exercise, would not hurt to eat back some of your exercise calories. I'm having the same the same problem, it's very hard to make yourself eat more. It feels like your cheating but it will help.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Eat more high calorie foods then. Try 2-3 ounces of almonds... that'll add 150-400 calories quickly without seeming like you ate all that much. And they're excellent for you too!

Drink a couple glasses of milk throughout the day.

Have 2 tablespoons of peanut butter every day...

Make yourself eat correctly or you won't have to.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Here's a blog I posted today about how to get more calories in even when you're not hungry:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/melissa_w/view/your-body-isn-t-always-truthful-132939
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You have to eat if you want to lose weight. Your metabolism is working against you right now. You have to eat and you have to exercise.
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Not being hungry is a pretty good sign of a metabolism not working very well. If your metabolism is running properly you should be starving and easily eating at 1200+ calories. Once you start forcing yourself to eat more your body will go out of starvation mode and you will feel hungry again and continue burning fat instead of holding on to it.

I myself struggle somedays when I exercise to eat enough calories but that is usually on days when I need to eat 3500-4000cal :/
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    you arent hungry because your body has become accustomed to it....thats not a good thing. When I first started I had to force myself to eat breakfast and sometimes snacks when I wasnt hungry but I lost weight and now my body is accustomed to eating on a healthy, consistent basis. You probably need some more protein as well. If you arent hungry try a homemade shake or smoothie :-)
  • derynb
    derynb Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you are 234 lbs now and you are only eating 600-800 calories you are seriously starving yourself and your body is trying to hang on to all the nutrients it can and gone into starvation mode. I am supposed to eat 1600 calories and I am less than 200 lbs so I don't know how you worked out your calories that you are supposed to eat at 1300, even that is not enough......do your sums again.
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    Options
    thanks all for the help. the only problem i think i have is size and cals. if something small doesnt seem worth a lot of cals, then im not going to eat it, but at the same time im not hungry so i dont want to eat. i think i will try the nuts. maybe a smoothie. thanks guys :)