Nightime cravings

Options
I do so well during the day, but after 7pm and especially in the middle of the night, I tend to eat which counteracts everything good I did during the day. Anyone have tips on how to curb those night time cravings?

Replies

• giantsgirl91
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I have light popcorn...its only 75 cal...tons of fiber :)
  • pattiann603
    Options
    Try water or tea. By the end of the day, if I haven't been diligent enough with my water consumption, I get thirsty and mistake it for hunger. i'm absolutely ravenous, then I have a glass of water, and more often than not, it goes away.

Are you eating enough filling foods during the day?
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I try to combat it with water.
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I usually drink a lot of water with a handful of almonds (10 or so). Usually 10 mins later I'm fine.
  • Pridgenization
    Pridgenization Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. It turns out that I have insulin resistance. If you haven't had that checked you might want to. I high protein snack may help. Sometimes, I have cheese or turkey (or a mozzerella stick wrapped in turkey :)), a handful of nuts, or a protein bar at night. Peanut butter would probably also be a good idea. Otherwise, i will even wake up in the middle of the night and want to eat!
  • happymiche
    happymiche Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Same problem here...my problem isn't so much hunger, it's habit. I love to eat at night, but I know I can't. Basically I've been filling up on fruits and veggies in the evening and drinking lots of water. More that that, though, I've just been pushing through and trying to remember how great it feels to wake up the next morning knowing I didn't give in to the temptations the night before!
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I usually try to do something i enjoy too so i can forget the crazings at night.....i usually read health books, take a night walk, or if u enjoy things lke sewing, reading, walking, or if u can't seem to control it....call a good friend who understands yur position, and maybe u and yur friend could come up with a plan for u too call her for encouragement on the times u are feeling this way.....it might really help. hope this helps. :wink:
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    Do you get up in the middle of the night to eat?

I have never heard of that before...

Perhaps set aside a special treat and account for it within your cals for the day. Know ahead of time that this is your special treat... After it is gone there is no more.

Options
    - Skinny Cow
    - Chocolate Cherios
    - Fruit w/ cool whip
    - Edys lite ice cream w/ lite hersheys syrup