Exercise question

Options
Hello everyone,

I have a question i want to start working out at the gym more than running. Maybe start lifting but i want to loose weight and fat not gain muscle anyone have pointers?

Thanks to anyone that can help I would appreciate any advise

Replies

• audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    weights aren't necessarly going to make you gain bulky muscle...they are a great addition for toning and losing weight. i try to stick to medium weights..nothing too heavy or too light and several repetitions. :smile:
  • BethGorton
    Options
    Cardio burns fat, weights stretch and tone your muscles.
  • brvanover
    Options
    You can't lift without gaining muscle.
    Building muscle will actually help you burn more calories throughout the day and you'll burn more fat that way.
    Weights will help burn more fat than cardio probably will.
    If you're worried about getting bulky, you won't trust me!
    Weights are really good for you!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Ask a trainer at the gym about the proper way for you :)
  • midmomike2
    midmomike2 Posts: 213
    Options
    lighter weights, higher reps, shorter rest periods (no more than 60 seconds between sets) also, the machines are great for a circuit workout than can help to tone. be sure to ask questions at the gym if you have any concerns/ problems best of luck!
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    Trust me, you want to gain muscle. I understand that you don't want to be big and bulky, but women will not get like that(usually) without some kind of pharm. aid. Having muscle will increase your calorie burn 24/7, and some definition is sexy on a woman.
  • amberlong91
    Options
    Thanks everyone, that put a new view in my eyes. And I will ask at the gym thanks again!!!!!