Question

Options
Hi ,
I am new to MFP and am wondering do they change your calorie goal after you loose a certain amount?
Thank you

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Some have said it does. In four years here I've never seen it though. I always update it after every ten pounds lost.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You should update it about every 10 lbs or so. It might prompt you to but it isn't automatic.
  • pinkcamo97
    pinkcamo97 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    mine sometimes prompts me to update my goals after losing a certain amount of weight, sometimes it doesnt
  • edlanglais5
    edlanglais5 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    In my experience, only when I change my goals
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    I started at 1250 calories ... after I had lost about 5 kg, MFP dropped me to 1200 calories. I manually upped my calories back to 1250.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I don't know why some people's seem to not do this, but mine has always automatically gone down as I have lost weight.
  • pinkcamo97
    pinkcamo97 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How do I maualy change my calories and know it's right?
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I like to set my own calorie/macro goals so I never used the guided setup.

I calculate my TDEE with this: http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    pinkcamo97 wrote: »
    How do I maualy change my calories and know it's right?

The way you know it's right is by analysis of your own data over time. All of these calculators provide for a reasonable estimate based on population statistics...but it's just an estimate...accuracy will also depend on the accuracy of user inputs like activity level, etc.

You just have to analyze your real world results...are you losing as expected as a general trend over time? Are you losing weight faster than you'd like as a general trend over time? Are you losing slower than anticipated as a general trend over time?