Anniversary this weekend don't want to gain weight

Options
HELP!! My anniversary is this weekend and my husband is taking me out. I finally got down 4 lbs after a 2 month plateau and I don't want to ruin it. What can I do??

Replies

• budkow
    budkow Posts: 39
    Options
    You can go out, be with your husband, enjoy the evening and have a great time. Maybe get something without cream for dinner, and a salad for an appetizer. If you do get dessert, get something yummy and don't eat the whole thing (dump salt on it to keep from picking at it or give it to your husband).

Eating out is the hardest thing for me...being healthy doesn't mean we can't go out and enjoy life. :smile:
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    before i say anything let me say this. i don't have a husband, never had one. but where is it written that anniversaries should be celebrated with food? explain to him how important this is and that you'd love to spend time with him celebrating in a non-food way. I think he might surprise you. I have a brand new boyfriend who was totally cool with the fact that i wanted to bring my own food to his house for dinner. Not the same thing as an anniversary i know but men can be totally sensitive. I'm sure.
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    do a double workout that day so you have extra calories to play with.
    eat a healthy snack before you go out so you're not ordering on an empty stomach.
    but most importantly - enjoy the night out with your husband!!!
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    Just think about the hot sexy anniversary sex that you will be having to burn off those extra calories!

Don't sweat it... It is your anniversary! :)
  • Minimomma24
    Minimomma24 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    lol at k8edge....the hardest part is I have a 2 year old it's hard to fit exercising AND sex into a busy mom's schedule...I think eating light is the best way to go...THANKS to all of you out there...you give me motivation :):)
  • Oliya
    Oliya Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to split the meal with your hubby (might not work in super fancy restuarants- but places like Olive Garden would). When we go out, we choose a meal and ask that them to split the meal in half for two plates. We often get a soup as well. Usually, it's still ALOT of food (amazing that its a split portion) but I feel great about not eating the whole thing myself- and my husband (who needs to work hard to GAIN weight) is full as well. Also, share a dessert! Its okay to splurge on occasion and treat yourself! Maybe work out a little extra the following day to make up for it (if I have an off day, I usually try to make the next day have a nice calorie net remaining to make up for it). Happy anniversary! Have fun! :)