Vegan keto diet

Options
Hi! I'm new to this app! Anybody out there doing the vegan keto diet and have any suggestions on how to start, what websites are good etc? Any info greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out (including some vegetarians and vegans):

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • Leeweekiwi
    Leeweekiwi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!! I really appreciate it!! I haven't quite started yet but gearing up to start soon and trying to find out all the info I can!!
  • Coconut_Tim
    Coconut_Tim Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have been keto vegetarian since Dec. I would say it is very difficult. I have recently decided to move away from keto while keeping vegetarian going.

Vegan Keto sounds very restrictive and I would warn that you might get tired of that.

I wish you the best of luck.
  • pinkpinkapple
    pinkpinkapple Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan keto for the last 6 months, and yes sometimes I get bored eating the same things, but it also makes life easier considering I know what I'm eating for breakfast lunch and dinner most days! I would.recommend checking out meatfreeketo.com and herbivorepost.com for some great recipes and resources :) there's also quite a few folks you can follow on Instagram if you look under the #veganketo hashtag :)
  • NadiaSweety
    NadiaSweety Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been finding a lot of information online, blogs and YouTube. Though they all have different guidelines. It is hard to know what is the best approach. Starting is the most important part. If its not perfect at first you will find your way. I am starting my own trial of a vegan keto meal plan now, Well I am getting there. It has already been quite challenging but I am excited for the momentum the vegan keto diet seems to be gathering. It is quite motivating.
  • LataLizzy
    LataLizzy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have not been eating keto, but I have been eating high-fat, high-protein, low-carb, no sugar for a while. I feel a lot better when I eat minimal sugar. Vegan keto is possible but difficult, and I suggest you ease into it. My staple meals tend to be: scrambled tofu with peppers and nutritional yeast; Thai coconut curry with tofu or tempeh; and kale salad massaged with avocado, lemon juice, and salt. I still eat low-carb tortillas, dark chocolate, berries, grapefruit, beans, vegan protein powder, nut milk, and lots of nuts for snacks. I realize that not all these things are keto, but it might be easiest to keep relatively low-carb snacks around, then gradually work towards eating keto. Best of luck!