Fatty liver disease and PCOS

Options
I was diagnosed with fatty liver disease about a month ago and now with PCOS. I've posted a question about the fatty liver disease before. I am 5'2" and weigh 205 lbs. The doctor told me to eat 1500 calories, 50% carbs, 25% protein, 25% fat. I can't seem to get the numbers to work out. IDK why it seems so hard to me. TMI but I've also been on my period for 45 days and dieting and exercising are the farthest thing from my mind. I know I need to get past that. The doctor wants to insert an IUD for the PCOS and I've read mixed reviews about that. Does anyone have any experience with any of this? Also, no snarky comments please. I've had some that were hurtful and not helpful at all.

Replies

• celiah909
    celiah909 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I don’t have experience with either but wanted to wish you the best. You are taking a really important first step in reclaiming your life and health, it’s very admirable
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    If you could share the actual macro split you've been getting people can give you helpful feedback on adjustments you could consider. The main thing is to hit it weekly. Day to day will vary. I find that if I give on having a little protein and s little carbs every time I eat or snack, the numbers work out ok. Focus on the protein. I hope you get some insight. I don't have experience with either of these.
  • sksk1026
    sksk1026 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It sounds as if you have a lot happening simultaneously and might be overwhelmed. But you don't have to have a perfect weight-loss plan in place, to start. Put your stats into MFP and get your target calorie count. If you log everything, eat foods you like within that calorie count, you will lose weight. Once that is working, you can start making small adjustments like finding a way to add more vegetables to a favourite meal etc. Other comments: the 45 day period is awful. I've been there and ended up in an ER with life-threatening anemia when my hcg levels dropped low. I hope you told your doc about it and are at least supplementing with iron and had bloodwork done. I was given fibristal to stop my period for 3 months and multiple treatments of intravenous iron. I'm trying tranexamic acid now to control my periods (praying for menopause to kick in) but if that doesn't work, the choices are: uterine ablation, a mirena iud or hysterectomy. Of all of those, the iud is the least ugh choice! You can't leave your blood loss untreated - under the circumstances an iud doesn't seem such a bad option. Make a decision soon. And take baby steps on your diet!
  • honeybee1996
    honeybee1996 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies!!
  • Pamanda1966
    Pamanda1966 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to send best wishes. How's it going?

I'm starting on a liver friendly diet plan. Best motivation ever to lose weight too when its medical. Not had my official appt with doctor yet but the lady doing the scan led me to believe its going to be fatty liver and everything in my life matches that. Just glad there's no 'lumps'. I welcome any advice, documents or websites you've found. Liver friendly diet is not something I've ever had to look at.