Vitamin water vs water???

Options
I really like to drink vitamin water zero. But is this counted as part of 8 glasses for regular water, or is in addition to? Add suggestion please let me know. Thanks

Replies

• voodooziggy
    voodooziggy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Generally, only plain, pure water is considered part of your water intake. Some diets don't even allow for water with lemon, but I think that's silly :)
  • budkow
    budkow Posts: 39
    Options
    Vitamin water is definitely counted as water. It's really just a scam with a few drops of some stuff added and is 99.999% pure water. Save your money and buy regular bottled water if you're buying water and eat some spinach instead. :smile:
  • Lamemind
    Lamemind Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    8 glasses of pure water is bs. 8 glasses of fluids (soda, tea, etOH and anything that dehydrates you, does not count) is what you need nutritionally.

When a diet wants you to drink more water they intend you to replace unhealthy drinks such as juice and soda with water. Water helps you stay full without the insane amount of calories.
  • robyn525
    robyn525 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Vitamin Water too. I can only get 10 or 20 calorie in Canada. The US has the zero.

I am trying to drink more regular water and just drink vitamin water as a treat. I just bought them for $1 each at Wal-Mart, but bottled water is cheaper.
  • mcqlove87
    Options
    I would count it. It's still water.
  • 707janette
    707janette Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It definately counts as water.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I count everything non-caffeinated as "water". Actually I don't even bother to count water anymore because I know I am always good with it and I usually forget.