Signed up here ages ago but never got started....

Options
robbyh501
robbyh501 Posts: 20 Member
edited December 2017 in Introduce Yourself
....until today.

Hoping to converse with others here to band around some ideas as well as keep myself motivated. Motivation and perseverance have always been a problem for me. I was fit in my mid 20's - mid 30's, then discovered beer. I am male, 48 years old, name Robby.

My usual day...Up at 5am work til 2. Then hit the bars. Drink about 4 beers (min), get home, eat too much, bed.

Today...Up 5am work til 2. Spend 2 hours flipping a truck tire in a local sports field with intermittent short sprints. Darn unfit right now so took plenty of rest intervals, erred on the safe side...It's now 1700hrs and I feel more ALIVE than I have in years! :-) Will eat something healthier tonight, then go bed.

Realization has just set in...Today, I have just saved myself 500+ calories by not drinking the beers. Plus I probably burned an EXTRA 500+ doing the tire flips (in the freezing cold, so MORE calorie burn!). That equates to a 1000 calorie deficit compared to a 'normal' day! Keep this up and that's gonna be 7000 less cals per week!

And for the last 5 years I have been wondering why the hell my weight is going up up up! Well I've just answered my own question...and it's NOT rocket science! DUH!

Today I have found new motivation (where from, I don't know, but I thank the lord I did!) because at 250lbs and over 40 BMI, I reckon things are getting a little dangerous here with all this extra fat I'm carrying...Hell, I have difficultly bending to tie up my shoe laces right now. I have zero libido and I feel as though I aint a real man any more. Maybe some testosterone issues, I think?

So yeah, Today feels like a breakthrough day for me. I can't wait to get back onto that frozen-over sports field again tomorrow to play once again with my new-found friend, that muddy old truck tire/wheel that I hid away in a hedge for safe keeping....Probably won't be long before I have to give it a name....

Thanks for reading and hoping that next year gonna be 'MY YEAR'!

Replies

• Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Hi Robby, glad to hear that you figured some things out already. Motivation doesn't last. Discipline and desire are what you need. I would be happy to help you along the way if you like.
  • Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    robbyh501 wrote: »
    ....until today.

Hoping to converse with others here to band around some ideas as well as keep myself motivated. Motivation and perseverance have always been a problem for me. I was fit in my mid 20's - mid 30's, then discovered beer. I am male, 48 years old, name Robby.

My usual day...Up at 5am work til 2. Then hit the bars. Drink about 4 beers (min), get home, eat too much, bed.

Today...Up 5am work til 2. Spend 2 hours flipping a truck tire in a local sports field with intermittent short sprints. Darn unfit right now so took plenty of rest intervals, erred on the safe side...It's now 1700hrs and I feel more ALIVE than I have in years! :-) Will eat something healthier tonight, then go bed.

Realization has just set in...Today, I have just saved myself 500+ calories by not drinking the beers. Plus I probably burned an EXTRA 500+ doing the tire flips (in the freezing cold, so MORE calorie burn!). That equates to a 1000 calorie deficit compared to a 'normal' day! Keep this up and that's gonna be 7000 less cals per week!

And for the last 5 years I have been wondering why the hell my weight is going up up up! Well I've just answered my own question...and it's NOT rocket science! DUH!

Today I have found new motivation (where from, I don't know, but I thank the lord I did!) because at 250lbs and over 40 BMI, I reckon things are getting a little dangerous here with all this extra fat I'm carrying...Hell, I have difficultly bending to tie up my shoe laces right now. I have zero libido and I feel as though I aint a real man any more. Maybe some testosterone issues, I think?

So yeah, Today feels like a breakthrough day for me. I can't wait to get back onto that frozen-over sports field again tomorrow to play once again with my new-found friend, that muddy old truck tire/wheel that I hid away in a hedge for safe keeping....Probably won't be long before I have to give it a name....

@robbyh501 I will send you a friend request
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options
    WELCOME! and I agree with the other guy ..... discipline and desire....how badly do you want this? The beauty of this journey is that there is freedom in that discipline....freedom from weight, freedom from the regret....etc. Good on you for posting ! You can do it....and, from a woman who waited way to long to love herself enough.... so happy that you taking care of it now, as a younger man. work hard and have fun!!!! I am a beer drinker too but the good news is....you can still fit it in ....just with more moderation. :)
  • Jmgris1
    Jmgris1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great job Robby. I also agree that the only long term is driven by determination and desire. I started this journey at 327 lbs. just under 2 years ago and now I am at 200 lbs. I am 47 and I know if I can head in the right direction then anyone can. Keep up the good work and set your goals.
  • robbyh501
    robbyh501 Posts: 20 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Rick_1953 wrote: »
    robbyh501 wrote: »
    ....until today.

@robbyh501 I will send you a friend request

Yeah sure, thanks for the add. Have to admit I've always been a bit of a loner in life and done things on my own with mixed success, but yes, all cool with friends on here an staying in touch. Thanks for taking an interest!
  • rsimons0133
    rsimons0133 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good start. Way to your.
  • rsimons0133
    rsimons0133 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Goal. Lol