just starting - will take any helpful hints

Options
KuhlFIT
KuhlFIT Posts: 23 Member
I'm new and would love to hear what works for you. Any helpful hints or big best practices would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Lots of good links in my signature. Welcome!
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm new and would love to hear what works for you. Any helpful hints or big best practices would be greatly appreciated.

Get into the habit of actively, and accurately, using the MFP food diary. It may take a few weeks, but over time you will start to find all kinds of benefits to tracking what you eat. It will help you to make better/different decisions about what, and how much, you eat. It has been a real "game changer" for me. Good luck on your journey!
  • nicbic123
    nicbic123 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    all i can say is log in EVERY DAY even if you have had a crap eating day!! the support you receive from others on here keeps you from giving in completely which is what i would do if i never logged on a 'bad' day, feel free to add me x

NIkki
  • banjjo
    banjjo Posts: 89
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this! Myfitnesspal is perfect for weight loss. Make sure you follow it and you'll do great, and do your daily exercise. Plus this is a great place for support and questions! :)
  • cibolodave
    Options
    dont judge your new healthy outlook by scale alone. trust me, you will feel more energetic and start feeling better even before you drop some pounds. you can do it!!
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options

Get into the habit of actively, and accurately, using the MFP food diary. It may take a few weeks, but over time you will start to find all kinds of benefits to tracking what you eat. It will help you to make better/different decisions about what, and how much, you eat. It has been a real "game changer" for me. Good luck on your journey!
    well said
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    all i can say is log in EVERY DAY even if you have had a crap eating day!! the support you receive from others on here keeps you from giving in completely which is what i would do if i never logged on a 'bad' day, feel free to add me x

NIkki

This. Log in EVERY DAY, no matter what. I am still struggling to do this but it keeps me so accountable and motivates me. Good luck :)
  • H2Ologist
    H2Ologist Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Protein will stick with you longer than carbs. Lean meats, low-fat cheese/dairy, LOTS and LOTS and LOTs of veggies and fruit. Finally, and most important, WATER WATER WATER WATER WATER. Did I mention WATER? Divide your weight in pounds in half and drink that number of ounces in a day. You'll have to pee A LOT the first few days, but it will help flush you out.
  • KuhlFIT
    Options
    Thanks so much for the advice and congratulations on your success so far!
  • KuhlFIT
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!
  • allip722
    allip722 Posts: 17
    Options
    For snacks when you get hungary eat a smoothie! there sooo good for you and they fill you up! theres plenty of websites but heres one that i get all mine from! http://www.smoothieweb.com/

my favorite is Blackberry blast! 1 cup blackberries 1 container fat free vanilla yogurt 1 cup skim milk and 1 cup rasberries!(: