What do you do when you feel like giving up?

Options
I have had lots of patience. Keep saying to myself you will see a big drop one day. Well that day still didn't come. I just want to loose 1lb a week and not even doing that. I am tracking exactly what I eat and my exercise. I am within my target. So what is it?????

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is slow and takes patience and commitment, and correct measuring of ouput as well as input. What is your height and weight? What is your calorie target set to, and do you hit it every day? How long have you been doing what you're doing, are you doing it consistently, and how much weight have you lost in that time? How do you know that you're eating what you're tracking? How often do you weigh yourself, at what time of day, and what do you do when you step off the scale?
  • aaronagostini
    aaronagostini Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely second Koomdeveran's questions. And for me, what has kept me going this time is really letting go of beating myself up over slip ups. I had three weeks where I didn't lose any weight, and really thought I should have. I look over my progress however, and saw weeks where my scale weight went down quite a bit. At the very least, you can say that you are staying close to your goal weight, which proves you're taking the right approach for your whole life, and not just for a temporary period of time.
  • Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Remember why you started
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Rick_1953 wrote: »
    Remember why you started

That ^^ and this:

4pf9f20udrd0.jpg
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    It's a marathon not a sprint. Look at the journey along the way.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    "Do what you know is right and the numbers on the scale will eventually follow."

I repeat this in my head. It really helps. There are so many things that interfere with the scale - water retention, hormones, etc.
  • IronDogJourney
    IronDogJourney Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    C5i7I5zXEAEIVET.jpg

d7adcc66-6b50-4d75-b374-060fb01ea417.jpg?asset_id=b7908359-49f1-4036-80d1-f6af1d8f8217&img_etag=370bd7c3deeb62c13738eeaf83dee444&size=1024

forget-about-setting-goals-focus-on-this-instead-8-638.jpg?cb=1488901457