My diet foods...

Options
temptress75519
temptress75519 Posts: 35 Member
Ok so I am so excited about the foods I have come up with that I wanted to share them.

What I have found is that you can make almost anything your heart desires with a little modification.

Soft Tacos:

Lettuce
Sliced tomatoes
1 tbsp Light sour cream (15 cal per tbsp)
Light Shredded cheese (either WW or sargento's Mexican blend....the only different is that the serving size is bigger for WW)
Ground Beef seasoned with salsa while cooking OR Chicken nuggets/beans/whatever protein you want
Fajita sized flout tortillas

At lunch today I didn't have any ground beef but I had honey battered chicken tenders for my son in the freezer. I cooked 2 of them (88 cal) and chopped one up into each as my protein and it was heavenly.

You only need a tbsp of sour cream, really any more and it is overpowering. The cheese, between 2 tacos is 1 serving. I sprinkle it over the meat and it works with the sour cream to give that lovely sinful taste.

The tortillas don't matter in fact if you felt that strongly about it, you could use a burrito sized tortilla and bump up the produce quantity and it would be pretty yummy too.

I love the ground beef one too. Instead of high sodium taco seasoning, I add a few tbsp of Newmans mild salsa (this one specifically because it is especially low in calories and sodium compared to pace or tostitos) into the beef after its browned and it works great without adding a ton of calories or salt. I usually make that when I'm having them for dinner because It makes a lot and my husband loves them too.

Ambrosia:

Do you like fruit? I really love oranges and strawberries but I have been getting tired of them a la cart.

4 strawberries
1 orange
1/2 cup of light whipped cream

Chop the strawberries into chunks, peel the orange into slices without skin and toss with cream. It makes a lot so don't eat it all at once. It gives this lovely alternation of a two-tone bar and strawberries and cream. I don't suggest eating a chunk of each fruit together, they didn't work well, but neither of them flavor the cream so they can still all be mixed together.

These are just 2 of my discoveries. As I find more I will post them, (tonight I experiment with Chinese food).

Just remember that dieting isn't about barring yourself from foods you love, its about finding smarter substitutions for ingredients to make them better for you.

Replies

• tramaine81
    tramaine81 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thank you! The strawberries, orange and cream sounds romantic......lol:) I might try it while watching a sappy movie:)
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I've got one for you. I picked it up at Weight Watchers before the Points Plus system. It's one point cake (on the old system):

1 box of Angel Food Cake mix (the kind needs water only)
    2-1/2 cups of any other kind of cake mix (strawberry and pineapple are two of the best!)

Blend both dry mixes together. Store in a bowl.

When you want a piece of cake, take 1/3 cup of the dry mix, add 3 Tbsp of water, and mix with a fork. Put in the microwave for 1 minute. You can either eat warm, or for more cakey cake, chill for 30 minutes.

You can top this cake with light hershey's syrup, fat free cool whip, any kind of fruit topping, etc. etc. My husband and I usually top with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of fat free ice cream, 1/2 banana, and 1 Tbsp of hershey's light syrup. YUMMY!!
  • jetbutterfly
    Options
    I've got one for you. I picked it up at Weight Watchers before the Points Plus system. It's one point cake (on the old system):

2-1/2 cups of any other kind of cake mix (strawberry and pineapple are two of the best!)

When you want a piece of cake, take 1/3 cup of the dry mix, add 3 Tbsp of water, and mix with a fork. Put in the microwave for 1 minute. You can either eat warm, or for more cakey cake, chill for 30 minutes.

You can top this cake with light hershey's syrup, fat free cool whip, any kind of fruit topping, etc. etc. My husband and I usually top with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of fat free ice cream, 1/2 banana, and 1 Tbsp of hershey's light syrup. YUMMY!!
    WOW THATS A REALLY GOOD IDEA!
  • heather_miller
    heather_miller Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    saving for later. ;)
  • temptress75519
    temptress75519 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

Oooooooooooh. THANK YOU!!!! I have been looking for a cake alternative that I could make on the fly! Eeeeeh!