Light exercise- calorie defecit- success? Show us your before and afters!

I have just not had the energy lately to workout much but have been eating at a defecit and definitely feel better! I haven't noticed any physical changes in appearance yet but hopefully they are in the future! Has anyone really transformed their body by mainly just eating less? Would love to see your before and after pictures! Share your story!

Replies

• RiiNaCHiiCK09
    RiiNaCHiiCK09 Posts: 109 Member
    Bump
  • JRSINAZ
    JRSINAZ Posts: 158 Member
    I'm a walker. Haven't been to the gym yet
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    I do a lot of walking and light dumbbells/body-weight for strength training.

Here's me at 254 lbs:

nlc7eom8j82s.png

And this photo, taken last August, is me about 75 lbs lighter. (I've dropped about another 20 since).

cz2ntru4u9g8.jpg

As always I love seeing your progress @estherdragonbat.
    I have to ask- where are you in the August 2017 pic? That garden looks gorgeous.

Cheers, h.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Casa Loma in Toronto. I was there with some friends who came in from out of town.
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    I so love to see everyone’s progress! How amazing you all are!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    I do a lot of walking and light dumbbells/body-weight for strength training.

Here's me at 254 lbs:

nlc7eom8j82s.png

And this photo, taken last August, is me about 75 lbs lighter. (I've dropped about another 20 since).

cz2ntru4u9g8.jpg

As always I love seeing your progress @estherdragonbat.
    I have to ask- where are you in the August 2017 pic? That garden looks gorgeous.

Cheers, h.

It's an amazing transformation. But I'm with you, I also noticed a beautiful garden!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    halmsafit wrote: »
    I have just not had the energy lately to workout much

Why not? Sure, anyone can lose weight by diet alone, but you wouldn't be as healthy or fit.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    halmsafit wrote: »
    I have just not had the energy lately to workout much but have been eating at a defecit and definitely feel better! I haven't noticed any physical changes in appearance yet but hopefully they are in the future! Has anyone really transformed their body by mainly just eating less? Would love to see your before and after pictures! Share your story!

Just wanted to say, working out doesn't always have to be an all out, sweating, exhausting event lasting an hour.

If you get in a short walk and a bit of movement that will help with mobility, flexability, and muscle retention a few times a week, when you are tired, you are moving forward.

Just like sometimes one needs a break from a calorie deficit, sometimes one needs a break from working out. Pushing ones self too hard and too fast at either usually leads to burn out or failure.

Build up an exercise routine slowly. Find 10-15 min videos on YouTube that you can do at home.

Also if you are feeling tired you may want to review your deficit-
    do you need to eat a little more, lose a little more slowly?
    Are you meeting your nutritional goals?
    Have you had blood work done lately to see if you have any deficiencies or hormonal disruptions that are affecting your energy levels?

@estherdragonbat has come a long way in a year. She is someone I truely admire for really building up her exercise routine as time has passed while having a bit of fun working on her calorie deficit.

@tinkerbellang83 you are looking marvellous. Have you done a 'success' post yet? (I can't remember seeing one)
    I know you are not at goal, but you really should.

Cheers, h.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Awww... shucks! B)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,111 Member

@estherdragonbat has come a long way in a year. She is someone I truely admire for really building up her exercise routine as time has passed while having a bit of fun working on her calorie deficit.

@tinkerbellang83 you are looking marvellous. Have you done a 'success' post yet? (I can't remember seeing one)
    I know you are not at goal, but you really should.

Cheers, h.

Thanks @middlehaitch I haven't yet, I am worried if I post in success that I'll think of myself as done for a while, and I have had a bit of a mental struggle in that respect lately. So will wait until things are back on the downward move again. Do appreciate the sentiment though :star:
  • halmsafit
    halmsafit Posts: 47 Member
    You are all doing great! What motivation!!!!
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    @estherdragonbat
    @tinkerbellang83

Your progress is absolutely inspiring! So glad to have you both as friends!