Finally hit 5K of straight running!

Options
Well, it finally happened. On W8D2 of my treadmill C25K program, I finally actually RAN an entire 5k distance. This does NOT include the distances from the warmup or cooldown walks!

I ran 38 minutes straight (18 minutes @ 4.8 mph, then 20 minutes @ 4.5 mph) tonight. It took some extra pushing on my part to keep going a few times, but I was determined to achieve the 5K total run distance goal I set for myself today! And I did it!!!

(and yes, I know if you do the math above that it only comes out to 2.94 miles, but my treadmill is a "slider" type of adjustment for the pace, so these paces listed are overall averages for those times indicated. So I was sometimes running faster than 4.8 mph and 4.5 mph, sometimes a little slower. But as far as the distance recorded, it's accurate!).

Replies

• Tmmullin87
    Options
    I am very excited for you. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I walk a mile in 20 minutes so knowing you did 5 miles in 38 minutes lets me know I can do it too.

Trixie
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO!!! That's a great time, too. Keep it up! Pretty soon you'll be itching to do 10K... ;)
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Well done Dave! Congrats.
  • lozf85
    lozf85 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I’m aiming to break the 5K mark some time over the weekend too so I know how proud you must be! Keep up the awesome work.
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely WONDERFUL! Good for you. I started C25K and am just in the 2nd week. Thanks for the inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Thats super awesome!! I am proud of you and I don't even know you! lol I just ran 12 mins straight the other night and couldn't have been more excited! So tonight I made a goal of 15 mins and actually pushed through to 20!
    I am very excited for you. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I walk a mile in 20 minutes so knowing you did 5 miles in 38 minutes lets me know I can do it too.

Trixie
    5K is actually 3.1 miles, but still way awesome!!!!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Well done dave. Knew it wouldnt be long before you did your 5k. :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!