Beach Body Classes Calorie Burn

Options
Just joined Beach Body on demand, but having a hard time linking my workouts to My Fitness Pal.

Does anyone know where I can find a calorie burn guide for the different BB classes like P90X, PIYO, Insanity, etc?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Insanity is circuit training, P90X is strength training... Pilates for Piyo
  • Kelsey214
    Kelsey214 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I enter Insanity Max30 as “Cardio Sculpt”
  • knotkneader
    knotkneader Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    how do we know what calories burned for each beachbody program?
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    how do we know what calories burned for each beachbody program?

You approximate based on the best analogue you have (for example, weight training for P90X) and then refine the estimate based on your weight loss results over time.

To start, you could always default to 10 calories/minute for moderate to high intensity cardio (a la Insanity), and 200 calories an hour for yoga/pilates/strength training (a la Piyo or P90X, excluding the P90X plyometrics & KenpoX sessions which are cardio programs).
  • barryseward
    barryseward Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I was hoping to find a chart that listed how many calories burned for each p90x (or all beachbody workouts) workout based on a persons weight. I would have a tough time estimating this based on weight loss alone. Does anyone know if their is a chart available? If not I will start with 200 calories an hour but I am so wiped out after exercising I feel like I burn more...maybe that’s just wishful thinking..lol
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I was hoping to find a chart that listed how many calories burned for each p90x (or all beachbody workouts) workout based on a persons weight. I would have a tough time estimating this based on weight loss alone. Does anyone know if their is a chart available? If not I will start with 200 calories an hour but I am so wiped out after exercising I feel like I burn more...maybe that’s just wishful thinking..lol

It's all estimates.....all of it. Are your weight loss results as expected, or are they faster, or are they slower. Lack of results may have nothing to do with exercise, but are instead.....a result of inaccurate (food) logging.

Any "chart" you come up with should segregate cardio, as it generally burns more calories than strength training. The "chart" may be optimistic (like workout machine counts are).......in hopes of selling some product.
  • barryseward
    barryseward Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi TeaBea, Thank you for responding...I totally get that it would be an estimate. Like when you enter your weight on a treadmill and run at a certain speed for a certain time you get an estimate on calories burned. Since Beachbody workouts are so intense and each workout is so different from the next
    I was just hoping that Beachbody ( or a trainer) put together a guide of some sort. I understand it wouldn’t be perfect but it would definitely be closer than I could do. In addition, I totally agree on the importance of accurate food logging. Happy Holidays!