I. Need. Sleep. O_O

Options
Any suggestions on sleep aids? Whether it's in the from of food, liquids, supplements, meditation etc. I'm willing to try anything. I just want to sleep and sleep well for that matter. I always seem to wake up multiple times at night for no reason only to have to force myself back into dreamland.

Thanks in advance,

Sleepless in Missouri

Replies

• yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Magnesium before bed. It's a natural muscle relaxer and does wonders. When I needed help sleeping a took 2 or 3 before bed. This is beyond the RDA but remember that RDA is a minimum number.

Sweet dreams.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    the fact that your willing ' to try anything ' I think on that subject I would consult my doctor rather than a bunch of strangers on a forum

a concerned Stu
  • slenderwoman
    slenderwoman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Anything for relaxation works for me. Green tea (or chamommille) also works good too. Have any hobbies, such as crafts like embroidery or knitting? If so, try working on them for about an hour or so before bed. Something on your mind? Maybe its time to call a good friend and "catch up." Hope this helps! :)
  • mikeyken
    mikeyken Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Definately consult your MD. You may have a sleep disorder or apnea that is causing you to awaken. Hope you find something that works for you!
  • shesnotthere
    Options
    Green tea has caffeine. I sleep better if I cut out all caffeine in the afternoon/evening - including chocolate. Other than that, making sure your bedroom is quiet, not using your bed for other things (like computer/reading) so you associate it with sleep time, making sure the room stays dark, not drinking too much before bed... that kind of thing. For me, being on the computer before bedtime can also wind me up...
  • RoseBlanc
    RoseBlanc Posts: 140
    Options
    Any suggestions on sleep aids? Whether it's in the from of food, liquids, supplements, meditation etc. I'm willing to try anything. I just want to sleep and sleep well for that matter. I always seem to wake up multiple times at night for no reason only to have to force myself back into dreamland.

Thanks in advance,

Sleepless in Missouri

I dig melatonin. :] Find it in the vitamin isle!
  • RoseBlanc
    RoseBlanc Posts: 140
    Options
    Definately consult your MD. You may have a sleep disorder or apnea that is causing you to awaken. Hope you find something that works for you!

Could just be anxiety. I wake up multiple times throughout the night because I suppress bad feelings all day only to have them bubble up as I sleep.
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain...Mr Sandman tends to stand me up for our nightly date in dreamland more oft than not. And regardless of WHEN I finally crash, I am generally up every hour/hour and a half. Benedryl. Melatonin. Ambien. Nothing really seems to help. I agree with other posters, consulting a physician is a must. In the meantime...good luck! Will keep fingers eyes and toes crossed for you!
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem ..mine due to Adrenal glnd fatigue... I've tried all kind of things including melatonin-but most sleep inducing aids hve the opposite effect on me. making me jittery and nervous. but I have found a few things that work wonders.. first I take my multi vitamin around 8:30 pm.. like some else said the magnesuim and calcium works magic.. ( I use Alive whole food energizers with iron) within 30 mintues I get relaxed and sleepy.. drinking a cup of Tension tamer tea by celestial seasonings at bedtime helps me stay asleep all night .. also sleeping in a pitch black room helps too. I even cover my alarm clock with a cloth.. .. caffeine really affects me so I am careful not to have any past 3 pm.. regular exercise and activity helps me sleep better over the long haul ...when i do these things I wake up feeling rested and refreshed. hth