Eating all your days worth of calories at once? Is it bad?

Options
So I was just wondering but is it bad to eat all your days worth of calories at once? Ive been super busy running around with work so taking the time to eat is very hard plus I don't get hungry while im out and about so I just wait until I have time to sit down and actually eat. I was told to just stuff my face with somethinf and go but i hate doing that so i dont. By the time i get home though I eat my full days of calories in two-ish meals but I feel like this isn't good for my body? Like any bad side effects doing this? I don't feel tired/fatigue, I actually feel pretty energized which is weird considering I haven't eaten anything. Has this happened to anyone else or does it happen often? Share your experiences if you have and if it's a bad way to approach my eating.

I forgot to mention that before I go to work I do eat something small like a yogurt with nuts/fruit but that's If I'm hungry which isn't often.

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    its completely 100% fine
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,539 Member
    Options
    Our ancestors used to do it way back. It ensured our existence.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I find I can't do this as I get heartburn if I eat too much too late (although my HB is way better after my weight loss).

But if that's not an issue, then go for it. No real reason not to if it's what you prefer.
  • mccormf1
    mccormf1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I did this today. (Went out for lunch and DGAF). I'm fine now, but I'll be a sad baby later. That's a fact
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I often eat all or most of my calories at brunch on the weekends. It's fine to do that. You might just feel hungry later if you eat all of your calories early in the day.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Depends on the individual, if you're not noticing any effect like light headedness, or drop in energy or focus then it's fine for you
  • Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I work a busy 12hr shift once a week (6hr shift usually) and I'm not an early eater so take a homemade soup & ryebread at 250 cals for lunch then eat the remaining cals when I get home about 8pm. Dont think I could do it every day though.
  • Good_Morning_Glory
    Good_Morning_Glory Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I’ve noticed others doing that and thriving. There’s a group too, I believe.

I myself am happier with two meals. :)
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    It's fine as far as the science goes.

Whether or not it's fine for you.. not sure we can really say.