Olive oil cooking spray or butter cooking spray?

Options
FattieBabs
FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
I have been using the olive oil one but don't like the taste very much so am using olive oil but very little. What does the butter cooking spray taste like - anything like butter ?!! :-)

Replies

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I use the olive oil spray. The butter spray tastes (Pam and Store Brand) kind of chemically/fake to me.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You can buy a sprayer at any homestore and put in any type of oil you want.
  • jugglerscott
    jugglerscott Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The butter Pam tastes good on popcorn but nothing else. Very artificial tasting.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »

WHOA WHAT?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    erickirb wrote: »

WHOA WHAT?

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/Prepara-Gourmet-Metal-Oil-Mister-Blue/PRD1AILD0GLHN64
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Look up Evo Oil Sprayer, and Misto Olive Oil Sprayer (I own a Misto). They let you spray your own oil (and any kind of it) rather than buying pre-charged cans of Pam etc. If you want to use an off the shelf product like Pam, you can buy the plain variety rather than the olive oil type. The Pam Butter Flavor Spray contains "natural flavoring" - who knows what that is?
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I use one that is canola oil. i think it's pretty darn good
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    vingogly wrote: »
    Look up Evo Oil Sprayer, and Misto Olive Oil Sprayer (I own a Misto). They let you spray your own oil (and any kind of it) rather than buying pre-charged cans of Pam etc. If you want to use an off the shelf product like Pam, you can buy the plain variety rather than the olive oil type. The Pam Butter Flavor Spray contains "natural flavoring" - who knows what that is?

Yes! I love mine. I have one for olive oil and for avocado oil.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I have three types of non stick spray for different cooking situations. "plain", "butter" and "flour" (for baked goods).

I don't think any of them taste any good, so the trick for me is finding one that will taste the best with whatever it is I'm cooking. The "Flour" one seems to win out the most for me believe it or not.
  • FattieBabs
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • bradlycave83
    bradlycave83 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil
  • FattieBabs
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Thanks, just bought that one so looking forward to trying.