Stretch Marks (And Scars)

Options
I have dreadful stretch marks, and quite a few scars. It's bad enough I feel that after reaching my weight loss goal I still won't feel attractive because of them. I was wondering if anyone knew what products are best to reduce the appearance of stretch marks and/or scars, if I should start using product now or after weight loss, or how weight loss affects visibility of scars. All answers are greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Bio oil will reduce the redness, and once they go silvery they are much less obvious, but unfortunately they will never go away. My stomach looks like a road map :o(
  • MollyYao
    MollyYao Posts: 12
    Options
    I agree, Bio oil will help but nothing will make them go away. My stomach resembles a silver zebra! Just know that you are not alone. Many many women have stretch marks and scars!
  • Izzy62
    Izzy62 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I use Bio Oil on my surgery scars and it really does make a difference. It's not cheap but it smells lovely and does the job :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    cocoa butter is good for stretch marks. i used to use it on my hips & thighs all the time, and the rubbing is good for cellulite too!
  • gemmie_c
    gemmie_c Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have them too....I look at them as badges of my achievement. I just remember what it was like to see them forming-now they are silvery. I find that fake tan helps to cover them up-use it all over your body otherwise you'll have a darker tummy that will look odd indeed.

Seriously though-I don't know a single girl that hasn't got any stretch marks-my boyfriend has said that they don't bother him as all women have them.

I know I will never let myself get to the point of getting more (unless I decide to have a baby-or a boob job!).

x
  • lizlee8
    lizlee8 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi, like the rest of the girls say we all have them. I've got them everywhere! legs, arms, back, stomach, hips (@ 17 i was 232lbs)They do bother me sometimes but I've got to remind myself that I'm healthy now and that everyone has them (even my OH who is and always has been slim).
    I did use bio oil and I still use palmers cocoa butter (it smells so good). They reduce the redness but they'll never completely go away.
    Hope this helps.
    x
  • Judas_Queen
    Judas_Queen Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Anything oil/butter based!

Just make sure you moisturise the area 1-2 times daily.. I use body butters and actually sometimes olive oil.. works a treat to keep your skin supple!!

A good thing for after weight looks would be a toning lotion .. it just helps to make the skin apear tighter.. a bit like wrinkle cream!