Goodbye weight watchers!

Options
And hello MFP!

I joined weight watchers 6 weeks ago at my highest weight of 195 after having 2 back to back babies. I did have pretty great success with WW and am now 169.4!

I’m a little nervous to keep going without WW but I’m going to give it a try!

Replies

• skybleu329
    skybleu329 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just stopped weightwatchers it didn’t do anything for me. My treadmill and my new eating habits are doing wonders for me now! Good Luck
  • Cooke1017
    Cooke1017 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    an0nemus wrote: »
    As someone that has done both....if you've dropped 25 lbs in 6 weeks on WW...why change now?

Honestly, I just wasn’t about the new program that just rolled out. They basically made it a low carb diet which I can do and track anywhere for free.
  • sallyd837
    sallyd837 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Are they still changing it all the time? Omg. Why fix something that isnt broken. I lost 20kg in 9 mths with WW after bub #2 on points. Then it changed to something else? (left anyway finances) went back years later after bub #3 (short lived). It changed to pro points?! Tried again couple years ago, was smart points. Wth!
  • Cooke1017
    Cooke1017 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    sallyd837 wrote: »
    Are they still changing it all the time? Omg. Why fix something that isnt broken. I lost 20kg in 9 mths with WW after bub #2 on points. Then it changed to something else? (left anyway finances) went back years later after bub #3 (short lived). It changed to pro points?! Tried again couple years ago, was smart points. Wth!

Yep! It’s called freestyle. It just launched on the 3rd.
  • Iwantahealthierme30
    Options
    Because it doesn't work for most people, I only lost 6 pounds and got anemia (on the points program)
    MFP works though.
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I joined over the summer and went up and down. I don't have the opportunity to get to a meeting easily, and even when I do I am so stinkin tired from work I am not engaged. My thoughts on Freestyle program was a deciding factor for me. They removed a large amount of Daily Smartpoints, then called these foods free. To me it was a marketing scam and I don't need to pay $50 a month for that. I did really well with MFP a few years ago and I am hoping to get back on track with it
  • THS2SHALLPASS
    THS2SHALLPASS Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    i tried it in the beginning of my journey and had bad results.
  • paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I was a weight watchers member for a good year and had some results. But I honestly hated the 0 points because everything has macros in it. Nothing is truly 0 calories (besides water).

I made the switch to MFP around April and LOVE it! Feel free to add me if you'd like motivation or any tips!

You can do this!
  • andreanittolikelly
    Options
    I agree---the 0 point thing is a lie---fruit and all the new 0 point foods have calories--they made eggs, chicken, fish and beans 0 points--prob why I wasn't;t losing weigh
  • kissijohnson
    kissijohnson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm also leaving Weight Watchers because of the new plan. Smart points were finally working for me and then they changed it. I prefer a vegan diet but don't eat tofu, so the new zero point items didn't help me with the lower daily allowance. I'm more focused on improving nutrition and creating a sustainable lifestyle for myself.
  • Meatless_Munchkin
    Options
    I'm thinking about leaving WW. This new plan is very limiting for me because my diet has protein but it also has good carbs which cost so many points. I've gone from 265 to 176 eating vegan. My doctor encouraged me to remain vegan. Freestyle is just not working in my normal diet. And I won't do Simply Filling. I want some accountability.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    The key to it is not WW or any other diet plan. You just need to log your foods and eat healthier and exercise. Why give someone money for something you can do on your own. I guess the one reason is accountability and having someone to talk to about your goals.

Challenge yourself cause you already know it is possible. You are stronger then you know so try it yourself for a while. At least that is my opinion.