Losing a large amount of weight, keeping your shape?

Options
So I think a lot of us have pictures from a few years back when we were smaller and want to get to that size again, for people who have lost large amount have you generally kept your shape from what you were at that lower weight?

Replies

• rickirenni
    rickirenni Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How much is a "large amount?" For a 60 lb loss, I can say yes, basically the same shape.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,610 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Since shape is genetic, there shouldn't be a reason you'd lose it UNLESS one was pretty muscular, got overweight and then lost a lot of weight again with NO RESISTANCE training.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Moobear214
    Moobear214 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It has been so long that I don't even remember my smaller shape. But my middle is the last to lose weight. Pant waist size is too high, I look funny because my legs are so much skinnier. 80 lbs lost
  • EsmeMary101
    EsmeMary101 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    No. I've lost over 50lbs. I'm 122lbs now but my boobs and *kitten* are gone too.
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    My smallest shape was when I was 14 so no lol I'm definitely keeping more fat on my hips and am losing a lot more from my waist. I'm loving my new shape.
  • qstneverything
    qstneverything Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've lost quite a bit of weight twice now (unfortunately the first time I didn't keep it off).

I lost more the first time - but I feel I look better now even though I'm nowhere near goal, purely due to resistance training :D
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Well considering the last time I was anywhere near my hoal weight was 7th grade, and I looked about 9, I don't thinknthat would work out real well, lol
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I've lost 32 pounds and I've kept the same shape since I was born regardless of my weight. Tiny waist, small chest, big hips and butt. I'm happy for my very broad shoulders, it helps to visually balance my hips. I noticed something interesting as I've lost the weight. I look like i have an hourglass shape from the back. In the front, it's very much pear-shape. I plan to do some upper body weight training next year to achieve the hourglass look.
  • brig220
    brig220 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    If you lift weights regularly, you don’t even have to crazy, your shape will be better than before. The key is regularly work on legs, back, chest, shoulders...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!