21 days and no junk food to a happier, healthier me

Options
They say it takes 21 days to break a habit. Well I have one habit I want to break! Eating unhealthily! I’ve tried to reducing the amount of “junk” I eat in a day but I find once a have a tiny bit of it I just want more and more and more and just sit and think about it all day until I satisfy my craving. So I’ve decided to “quit” junk food cold-turkey for 21 (and hopefully longer!) to break this junk food addiction!

What will I classify as junk food for this 21 day period? Anything my body does not need such as white bread, those two sugars in my morning flat white, that cheeky muffin when I’m too lazy to eat a healthy breakfast, etc. etc.

I’d be keen to find some people to embark on this journey to freedom from junk food ruling our lives so we can encourage each other and check in with each other to make sure we’re sticking to the plan! Then share how great we feel after the 21 days are up and how we never want to put another piece of junk in our bodies again!!! Hehehe well that’s what I’m hoping to achieve at the end of 21 days anyways.

Or I’d love to get eating tips from people to help me succeed at my mission!

And my journey starts NOW! Which means no to that glass of white wine I was planning to have at after work drinks. I guess it will be a nice glass of water on the rocks for me :)

Replies

• TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    This is totally not on topic, but when you mentioned the white bread and sugar, it reminded me of the dark haired chick in "The Breakfast Club" where she had the white bread, Captain Crunch cereal and dumped pixy stix on it. heheh

Anyway, good luck on detoxing from the junk! Your body will thank you! :)
  • georgiabridget
    Options
    i wish you the best of luck! i did this, and ate no takeaway/lollies/chocolate/cake at ALL for about 6 months, and it worked great! i cheated a bit at the start, don't worry if you do, it just makes you more determined! x