22 years old, looking for friends to keep me on track!

Options
Hi all!

I'm 22, have been on here for a while now and lost 13lb by tracking everything I do and eat, but then University final year hit and working out took a back seat to dissertation and papers, and eating well took a back seat to revision.

I've graduated and closed that chapter, and now it's time to change the balance towards looking after myself. I'm looking to initially lost 60lb, and joined the gym this week but I know it's going to be a really hard slog to get this weight off. Only got myself to blame though!

So yeah, looking for friends to keep me going :D

Cat
x

Replies

• haylz24
    haylz24 Posts: 225
    Options
    Well done on losing13lbs! I'm trying to lose about 30 in total. Hard work! X
  • michonamission
    michonamission Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    you can add me - i'll be your friend
    :-)
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    I'm also 22 and have just finished university. I've gained about 28 pounds at uni and am looking to lose 38 pounds in total to get to a healthy bmi and to the weight I was when I was 16, as I was happy at that weight. feel free to add me :)
  • rschuurman
    Options
    Hi Cat :) Im a 23 year old student and looking to lose around 30lb total. You can totally add me as a friend, the journey is much better shared with those who know what it's like to do the hard slog :)

Rach x
  • louisee294
    louisee294 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey!!

I can really relate to this! 60 pounds sounds a lot, but if you section it out into 4 15lb targets, or even 8 7.5lb targets this is very achievable. just take it one day, then one week at a time :)

I've lost 16 lbs so far (since january 2011) and my next target is to lose 9lbs by october. Beyond this is another 20 pounds...

some months are easier than others, and I've even had 4 months where I went up and down constantly, but this is part of the journey, and we're all on the same path here :)

After each pound lost you'll feel lighter and more energised, so instead of thinking of the whole picture just keep thinking of that next pound!

I'll add you :)
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    heelo im19 :) anyone feel free to add me =)
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

University final year hit and working out took a back seat to dissertation and papers, and eating well took a back seat to revision.

Ah god, don't scare me lol! I'll be in my final year in September, I hope I can still fit in my exercise classes and eating well.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Hi, congrats on 13lbs lost so far :)

I'm 20 and going into my final year at uni this year.