I'm back and needing support :-)

Options
Hey MFP'ers,

I was an avid MFP user just over 3 years ago and was wonderfully successful. I made many friends, lost the weight and started on a fantastic journey of weight lifting and body sculpting. I looked and felt the best I ever had. My confidence was through the roof and I was unstoppable.

But...life happens. Just over 2 years ago, I got a divorce and was forced to start working 2 jobs to keep up with expenses and continue providing for my 3 children. (Ex was NO HELP!!!) Something had to give. I had less time to work out. Going to the gym was a luxury I could no longer afford and since I was so busy, fast food and quick unhealthy meals became my go-to. I was exhausted all the time, couldn't keep up with my own daily chores of cleaning and running kids around and after working an 8 hr day, it was all starting to wear on me. Not to mention my weekend bartending job that kept me out late! All excuses, I know. And I am certainly not looking for pity. :-)

I know MFP works because it definitely worked for me in the past. I am not much of a social media person because I deleted everything after a scary stalker incident, but I thought I would give the social part of MFP a try again. The people here are wonderful and supportive and I honestly believe it is a necessity for being successful. At least for me

My profile pic is one I found from about 2.5 years ago when I felt great. I wasnt perfect but, but I was on the right path. I figure it would do more for my mental state now to see a positive picture of myself instead of a negative one. Give me something to shoot for instead of seeing where I am now....The difference between myself now and then is about 20 lbs. I know the muscle is still there but is covered by a nice layer of fat :-)

So...I'm looking for support from people who want to be active. People who are fun, energetic and positive. If this is you....PLEASE send me a friend request. I promise to offer the same to you.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Replies

• Sourcake
    Sourcake Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Similar circumstances here. 3 kiddos, divorce, fell off the wagon. Sending you a friend request. We got this! ;)
  • KristelNoelle10
    KristelNoelle10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Similar! Busy with kids activities and working 16 hour shifts. Fast food and pizza became a staple for us. Please add me... I can’t figure out how to send requests yet, what am I doing wrong?
  • emjay6x3
    emjay6x3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I can always use positive, active friends. Please feel free to add me!
  • WSOX37
    WSOX37 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Options
    Add
  • daveallen666da
    daveallen666da Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just getting back on after a motorcycle accident! Ill be posting everyday ( after christmas lol!) Looking to chat with fun people who hopefully i can help motivate and who will inspire me! Please feel free to add me!