Yet Another Effort

Options
Good day all!

This is my like tenth shot at trying to be a better me. Initially several years ago I started using this app and started exercising and lost about 50lbs making me the smallest and by far the healthiest I had ever been in my adult life. I loved how I felt, looked, and I loved the gym I was apart of. Since then alot has changed. I have gained back all the weight and then some. My mom passed away about a year ago and I moved 1000 miles away from my family and home so my husband could accept his dream job. I left behind my father who just lost the love of his life, my two brothers, a job I loved, and a gym I loved. Now my depression and anxiety has spiralled out of control. I have panic/anxiety attacks and self loath constantly. I have a decent paying job, hut the management is corrupt, and the hours suck. I only have one more semester left until I get my degree so the pressure is on and this has made my anxiety worse. We are flying my father out for graduation is May and this will be the first time in this new year that I get to see him.....sorry for the ramble...

I want to be healthy, I want to eat better, I just need to do it. I just wish I could find a gym I loved as much as I loved the one back home. I want to make friends who can encourage. Can anyone relate or give any advise?

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Sounds like you have been going through alot lately. Hopefully once your degree is finished it will open up many new opportunities for you and you will be on to greener pastures. Hang in there, things will get better <3
  • aaronagostini
    aaronagostini Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I felt I was in a similar headspace earlier this year; thankfully a change in employer has been a real boost for me. The fact that you're back here shows that you're on the right track; the restarts are the most important part of the process. Those are what means you got back on track instead of giving up. Good luck in finding a gym that fits in with what you're looking for, even if it isn't perfect.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Stop starting and stopping and starting again.

Whatever you're doing clearly isn't working. Find something that's simple, enjoyable, and sustainable over a lifetime.

Hint: it's not a "diet" and it doesn't have fad name.
  • tabithanmayes28
    tabithanmayes28 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!
    My passed away a year ago also :(
    I am also about to move states away from my family for my SO to be with his family.
    This is also my (too many) time to jump back into this!
  • daniel_nong
    daniel_nong Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Life is going to throw so many obstacles our way and the biggest advice I can give is to know that you are not alone in your tribulations. You've lost the weight before you can do it again. Try and take everything one day at a time and try not to be so hard on yourself. You have a whole community who is rooting for you!