52 lbs lost!

Options
Sorry I don't have any pictures, but since the end of April I have lost 52 lbs, now my favourite shirt looks ridiculous on me! Reminds me of when I used to dress up in my dad's clothes when I was a little boy!

I still have 40 lbs to lose, perhaps I should hold off on buying any new clothes until I reach my goal!

I feel fantastic though the only negative thing about losing weight is that all my fabulous clothes look like they belong to someone else!

My starting weight was 260 lbs in April I currently weigh in at 208 lbs just wanna say thank you to myfitnesspal for making it so easy for me to track and take notice of what I was doing to myself and also all the other success stories on here.

x x x

Replies

• smokesone
    smokesone Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    :happy: Your clothes do belong to someone else!! The old you!! Well Done!! Keep it going!! Then buy a new wadrobe!!:laugh: :happy:

9043482.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • shezza737
    shezza737 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely fantastic. A big well done to you!
    So wish i had your willpower, I do really well and then like at the moment I fall off the damn wagon!

Send some of your willpower and goodness my way please !

Am sure you will lose the next 40lbs no problem, you sound as though your in it for the long haul!!

xx
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    Awesome job on your loss!! :flowerforyou:
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Nice work :)
  • dougswife
    Options
    Congrats!! I have lost 36 and seem struck there.... have any suggestions????
  • fatsnacker
    fatsnacker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    fantastic, well done and keep going
  • rfcollins33
    Options
    amazing, took me since Christmas to lose 53. Keep it up!
  • thoma74
    thoma74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    That's great! You are an inspiration!
  • Tracey_Smith
    Options
    The results are from all the hard work you have put in, MFP is just your back up / support team :smile:
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Time for a NEW favorite shirt; you earned it!
  • markmanby
    markmanby Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Exellent. I thought the same and gave all my XXXL clothes away to charity. I bought myself a couple of new things but i had saved loads of Tshirts that were too small for me and now i can wear them. Happy days.
    Go on and Treat yourself you have earned it.

I hit a bit of a wall but stuck with it and the weight has started to drop a little again.
  • mailroommary
    Options
    What a great inspiration you are! I can't wait to experience that too. A big day for you!! :drinker:
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    52 lbs. since April? WOW that is awesome! You''re doing great. Congrats and won't it be exciting to buy new clothes for your new bod? lol
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I was at a plateau until I stopped eating anything made with flour like BREAD. I only eat whole grains like brown rice, quinoa and wheat berries, fresh fruit and veggies to get my carbs in. Also, eat lean protein, Greek yogurt. Works like a charm along with 3-4 days cardio. Hope this helps. Good luck!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, scott!!! You are a motivation to me!!!!! Keep it up....it's hard.......:( I hit the 11 pound mark this morning and jumped for joy. I was afraid I had gained since the last weigh in!!! We can do it!!!
  • scottlikescake
    Options
    The only advice I have is the same as everyone else's, you need to persevere and keep going no matter what. There's been weeks where I've stepped on the scales and it has not moved. Don't feel too disappointed keep doing your thing until the weight starts coming off again. Weight loss is very inconsistent I never got the same weight loss every week despite doing the same things. Some weeks I could lose 5lbs some weeks I lost nothing! Never give up you will get there even if it is slow going, it's better to be gradually getting fitter than fatter right? Keep it up everyone

x x x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!