Has my fitness pal worked for you.?

Options
Hey! I was just wondering if this app has actually been true & worked for anyone.

Replies

• SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out the "success stories" section of the forum?

^^^ That. Go and look - there are hundreds, probably thousands, of people posting there who've lost weight and kept it off using this app.

But, like @eliciaobrien1 said, it's just a tool. It can't make you lose weight all by itself, but if you use it the way it's designed, it can certainly make the process a lot easier. MFP provides the tools, you have to provide the commitment, patience and determination.

And yes, it's worked very well for me and I'd heartily recommend it to anyone who's willing to put in the little bit of effort it takes to learn how to use it properly.
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I did 50 lbs this year!!!
  • paulab4me7982
    paulab4me7982 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Since 29Octi have lost 15 pounds. Use the tool it heips you attain your goals
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    A gym does not work unless you go regularly and put in the work. just like MFP is a tool that if you dont use it then it will not work.
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I dropped 61 pounds by keeping track of everything I ate and tracking my exercise as well. It works if you use it. It's a great tool!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Yes! Lots of great success stories here including mine. After decades of up and down yo-yo dieting I've now maintained my current weight for over 2 years. For me it's not just logging in the food diary and tracking exercise. I've joined a number of fun fitness challenges with like minded people looking for support and inspiration. Some of the challenges have been tough and really pushed me to exceed my moderate level of exercise. Kicking it up a notch has helped me attain my goals and keep setting new ones. Give it a try!
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    It's clear from the previous posts it can be used successfully. Though, like any tool it has limitations brought on by the user. Set a reasonable goal that gives you a sustainable calorie limit, weigh/measure your food and log accurately, and keep yourself accountable and you'll find success.
  • KellieLou84
    KellieLou84 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 3stone a few years back using MFP, i would post a pic but have no idea how to!! have put most of the weight back on tho once I stopped using the app, so starting over.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Yes it works :smiley: I'm about to reach year 5 of maintaining an almost 30lb weight loss. :smile:
    Consistency is key to the success of any diet/fitness plan plus realising there is no end date to a 'diet' - long term good habits need to be formed.
  • elysaah
    elysaah Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well it has allowed me to track my food intake and exercise, showed me my calorie, tracked the measurements I entered and the end result is I am 1 kg off my goal for end of the year :)