New here from South Australia

Options
Hey guys,
i'm newish here, well new to the forums, have tried this out once before, but fell off the motivation wagon. Figure i might get a bit further if i make some friends :) So who's up for the challenge?
i'm 26 yrs old with a 4 yr old son, have a cat and a puppy (so come the warmer weather i'll be able to take her out for walks etc). In this small town i live i don't have any friends, only a couple of family members, but other than that it's pretty much just me n my son. Other than that i have a boyfriend who lives with me, and he is a bit of a help with the weightloss and dietary control. I would love to get to the gym, but i just don't seem to have the money for it at the moment. I now have a touchscreen phone with Android software, so i've been able to download some great apps to assist me, but i'm still finding that without the friends and constant support i fall off the band wagon.
will i fit in here and remain seated on the band wagon?

Replies

• FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Welcome. My favorite thing about Australia are all the crazy spiders that live there.
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Welcome! I love this site. It definitely helps to have some MFP friends for support and motivation. I'll send you an add, I can always use more support! Good luck to you!
  • amberray4307
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I also joined for support and so far it has been awesome. Everyone on here is wonderful so maybe we can motivate each other.
  • lozf85
    lozf85 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome =)
  • jaybee25
    jaybee25 Posts: 117
    Options
    welcome :) I have been doing this a few weeks now and LOVE it !! I'm from across the ditch in NZ started out at 79kg and now down to 74.6 goal weight is 55kgs but my short term goal for now is to get under 70 kg's :) will be stoked when I'm down to 60KGS :) feel free to add me we can support each other :)
  • slimmer189
    slimmer189 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • terryrob2
    terryrob2 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi nice to meet you I to don't know many people lived I va/nc most of my life but my husband works for ford and they closed our plant. And moved us to michigan were iv only met a few people at work so its usually me and my 2 dogs would to have more friends and support
  • genielisa
    genielisa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've always wanted to visit Australia! Welcome. I'm new too.
  • song2sing
    song2sing Posts: 183
    Options
    Hey guys,
    i'm newish here, well new to the forums, have tried this out once before, but fell off the motivation wagon. Figure i might get a bit further if i make some friends :) So who's up for the challenge?
    i'm 26 yrs old with a 4 yr old son, have a cat and a puppy (so come the warmer weather i'll be able to take her out for walks etc). In this small town i live i don't have any friends, only a couple of family members, but other than that it's pretty much just me n my son. Other than that i have a boyfriend who lives with me, and he is a bit of a help with the weightloss and dietary control. I would love to get to the gym, but i just don't seem to have the money for it at the moment. I now have a touchscreen phone with Android software, so i've been able to download some great apps to assist me, but i'm still finding that without the friends and constant support i fall off the band wagon.
    will i fit in here and remain seated on the band wagon?

Welcome my friend - you will find this site very beneficial in so many ways!@! Feel free to add me as a friend!

song2sing
  • sonyabath
    Options
    oh wow, look at all those replies! thanks for making me feel welcome guys n girls, muchly appreciated! Oh, and look at all those add friend requests. u guys are awesome :) might a few big oceans out there, but look at all that heart and desire for the same thing :D
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm from sunny Melbourne :happy:

I have been on MFP for over a year now and am getting close to my goal weight. I started at 95kg and as of this morning am 64.2, you can so do this. I love to join in the challenges and this site has made given me so much motivation to exercise. A lot of people use Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD and seem to get good results. Its pretty intense at first but its only 25mins and I think is a great quick workout (I got mine from Ebay for $15) to fit in around kids.

The people on this site are so supportive and motivating, definately using the forums and having "friends" on here has been a bit key to my successful weight loss.

I'm sending you a friend request!!

Good luck

Amanda.
  • laureneva15
    Options
    Welcome. My favorite thing about Australia are all the crazy spiders that live there.

THAT IS WHAT I HATE ABOUT AUSTRALIA!!!

Also hello, and welcome to MFP
    I live in Brisbane, feel free to add me! :D
  • aliceguy
    aliceguy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi mate, ex Adelaide (Glen Osmond) male here, now a Centralian (Alice Springs, NT), good to see a fellow crow eater on here. We are all here for all the motivation you need. Feel free to add me champ and good luck!
  • nursekj
    nursekj Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm Karlee another mfp from across the ditch.

Well I admire your will power to do well despite not having the gym- but I can assure you its not everything!

Just a Tip- If you can down load Jillians Micheals fitness App for free you can download the 2 min workout guide videos that are on there and then they are there permanently, theres one for every part of the body and you will need a mat and some 3kg/2kg dumbells. So they are easily followed as you replay them till you get the hang of it..

Another good website for tips is Lance Armstrongs LIVESTRONG, have a look around there in terms of diet advice too. Otherwise the Low GI diet book By J. Brand Miller (Angus and Robertson) has a really good 12 week eating plan and excercise tips in it with all the aussie food references in it like Vaalia yoghurt or Kelloggs.

And by all means add me as a friend if you like.

Wish you all the best in your endeavours!

Cheers, NurseKJ

6432523.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Pleasedaspunch
    Options
    Hey there I live just North of Sydney =)
    I love MFP feel free to add me if you want. We can do this!
  • MissWait
    MissWait Posts: 160
    Options
    Hi Hun!

I'm from Adelaide! Welcome to MFP it's pretty cool place and it sure helps with the motivation if you find a challenge to join in on.

Good Luck :smile:
  • emmamwright
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm new here as well and am from Adelaide. Looking for support people to help me through the down days :) Also, I'm up for a walking group or something of the sort?