How do you figure out calories from homemade meals?

Options
I am making firecracker shrimp for supper tonight and it's homemade so I don't know how many calories are in it or how you're supposed to figure it out. Do I just add all the calories together from the ingredients and then divide it into servings to know how many calories I've taken in?

Replies

• jessicamiller25
    Options
    Under the food tab, go to recipes. You can add in each ingredient and how many servings it makes. It will give you the total calories for one serving which you then can add to your journal for the day. It is a great source for regular home made meals you make.
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    jessicamiller25's got the right way of doing it.
  • suvernscorpio
    suvernscorpio Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what I do and it's a brilliant tool. Before I discovered it I use to list all the ingredients seperately trying to figure how much of each I would of eaten, nightmare lol.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I'm with Jessica. I don't do any math on my own that a program can do for me, and once you put it in, the recipe is saved. Next time you just click on recipes from your diary and check the box to add it.
  • vickylee26
    vickylee26 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    yes that's what I do too
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    bump
  • xMissAprilx
    xMissAprilx Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Ok, thanks. I completely forgot the "add meals" thing. That will be much easier to keep up with. Thanks again.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this question:-)
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    Options
    Under the food tab, go to recipes. You can add in each ingredient and how many servings it makes. It will give you the total calories for one serving which you then can add to your journal for the day. It is a great source for regular home made meals you make.

IMO-- this is the best way. Its been keeping me on track with my goals.. ♥
  • thoma74
    thoma74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    yeah thank you, cause i had no idea about that feature! thats awesome!
  • My600PdLife
    My600PdLife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • xMissAprilx
    xMissAprilx Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Well I put in all the info and made it out for 4 servings and its 349/serving. I think thats pretty good.