Sorry iv had some wine, it's Friday

Options
Avocado_Angel
Avocado_Angel Posts: 2,362 Member
But. Aside from that something I've been wondering, is the insightful button used to be passive aggressive ? I find that I often hover my finger over that particular reaction, it's a little bit ambiguous? Not sure I'm happy with that particular reaction. Is it just me ?

Replies

• Brown_Eyed_Squirrel
    Options
    I don't know...but now I HAD to hit it on your post. Sorry. Lol
  • Brown_Eyed_Squirrel
    Options
    In serious answer to your query...meh...I think some people use it to be passive aggressive and others use it because they learned something. And then there are people who don't know what insightful even means and think they just voted for you to show your b00bs. Nothing means the same thing to everyone. And I have FINALLY gotten to a point where if you're not expressly being a tw@t to me I'll just assume you weren't meaning to be one at all. Lol
  • Brown_Eyed_Squirrel
    Options
    In serious answer to your query...meh...I think some people use it to be passive aggressive and others use it because they learned something. And then there are people who don't know what insightful even means and think they just voted for you to show your b00bs. Nothing means the same thing to everyone. And I have FINALLY gotten to a point where if you're not expressly being a tw@t to me I'll just assume you weren't meaning to be one at all. Lol

Good point. Yeah I don't think people are tw@ts either it's just that I sometimes think before I press 'insightful' it was really grating me tonight. I'm being a tw@t lol

Welcome to Tw@tsylvania! I'll be your tour guide! Enjoy your stay!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    But. Aside from that something I've been wondering, is the insightful button used to be passive aggressive ? I find that I often hover my finger over that particular reaction, it's a little bit ambiguous? Not sure I'm happy with that particular reaction. Is it just me ?

No. It's meant to be insightful. For example, if you find something having or showing an accurate and deep understanding or perceptive than you could mark it as insightful.
  • Brown_Eyed_Squirrel
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    I remember when message boards didn't have any of these ...
    " insightful " Inspiring " Like " "Awesome" "woo"

I find them to be distracting .

I'd think it was fine if there were also "you suck" buttons. You know...keep it fair...
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • friction_thighs
    friction_thighs Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    and.... is the "Woo" meant to be a celebratory "woo", or, a ghostly "woo". Perhaps we should check out MFP FAQ's for the answer to these conundrums?
  • Brown_Eyed_Squirrel
    Options
    Yeah...I just had an intelligent and respectful debate with my ex boyfriend in a thread...if we made it through that without either of us using the insightful button then then everyone else should just grow up. Lol
  • Brown_Eyed_Squirrel
    Options
    Also now I'm noticing how many "insightful"s I got today. *runs away and cries into a pint of ice cream*
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Well now I am Not a drink
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    and.... is the "Woo" meant to be a celebratory "woo", or, a ghostly "woo". Perhaps we should check out MFP FAQ's for the answer to these conundrums?

I took the Woo button as "that's a big pile of WOO" but the I accidently typed Wii...and digressed. Once you've got Wii on your hands, you're never the same.
  • cee134
    Options
    Insightful is *kitten* insightful. Like you opened my *kitten* eyes and showed me something *kitten* new!
  • cee134
    Options
    Or used for a joke.
  • Brown_Eyed_Squirrel
    Options
    But sometimes "awesome" is sarcastic. I have a tweenager trust me on this.
  • friction_thighs
    friction_thighs Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I imagine that a "Woo" in the fun & games forums means "get your clothes off, I want to *kitten* your *kitten* with my *kitten* until you have kittens"