Daily weights

Options
Anyone else weigh yourself daily? I can't help myself but weigh myself every day.

Replies

• Jessie24330
    Jessie24330 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I do. I'm not the type to get discouraged by the daily fluctuations and I love seeing what's going on. It gives me peace lol.
  • eastside87
    eastside87 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I do every morning. I feel like it keeps me focused. If it is on the higher side i tend to stay focused and make better choices for the day. When it's what i expect it to be it gives me a little incentive to work hard that day to see improvement the next day. Then every once and a while it's down a little and that keeps me going. That's just me.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    I do, but I also understand natural fluctuations from water weight, and use a trending app to smooth those out.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,723 Member
    Options
    In for maximum data points and plugging them in a trending weight app or web site to better see the weight level change over time.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Daily weigher here - almost at year 5 of being in maintenance :smile: It helped me understand fluctuations, knowledge is power is my mantra :smiley:
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    No harm in it.
  • Dakhar1
    Dakhar1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I do and it helps me remind me daily to keep going to reach my goal. But I only do my “official weight in and tracking once a week.
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Daily for me. Been doing it for years. But I only log my weight in MFP once a week.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I don't get the "I can't help myself" part of your question.

I weigh daily, my scale does my syncing for me so it shows up here, Garmin, trendweight and Libra (although Libra lags behind for some reason).

I like the data.
  • koslowkj
    koslowkj Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, before I've eaten or drank anything, and log it in Libra to see the trend. (Libra is only available for Android as far as I know - Happy Scale is the Apple equivalent and Trendweight is the desktop equivalent.) There's nothing wrong with weighing yourself every day as long as you are keeping as many variables constant as possible - things like the floor your scale is on or what you're wearing - and understand that there are going to be day to day fluctuations.
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself like 3 times daily. I love seeing the scale go up and down. The scale scares some people but if you're accurate with your logging and you're in a calorie deficit your weight will go down no matter what. So have fun with the scale. See which foods make you bloat and how long it takes for your weight to go back to normal.

Weighing myself everyday allowed me to be kinder to myself on "weigh-in" days. If I saw a low number the day before and then a higher number on weigh-in day I wouldn't freak out.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I have been doing every other day, but have done daily in the past. If I am sure I am eating at a deficit, I ignore anything except a new lower weight. The way I look at it, water and "stuff in the pipeline" can make my weight appear higher than it is, but nothing can make it lower. My "base weight" is me naked with as little water and gut contents as possible. It's an easy way to track trends. When I get to goal, I will flip it; my highest morning weight should never exceed goal. My goal is going to be my upper limit, so I will keep eating at deficit for another month or two.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Daily weigh ins are just a part of my toolkit for a healthier me. Trend weight apps assemble all the data points in a meaningful way.wccj69s18iga.jpeg
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Anyone else weigh yourself daily? I can't help myself but weigh myself every day.

Explain what your problem is with weighing daily and why you think it's unhelpful or undesirable and people might be able to suggest a solution.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    I have been doing every other day, but have done daily in the past. If I am sure I am eating at a deficit, I ignore anything except a new lower weight. The way I look at it, water and "stuff in the pipeline" can make my weight appear higher than it is, but nothing can make it lower. My "base weight" is me naked with as little water and gut contents as possible. It's an easy way to track trends. When I get to goal, I will flip it; my highest morning weight should never exceed goal. My goal is going to be my upper limit, so I will keep eating at deficit for another month or two.

Dehydration can make it lower ;)
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I do, except when traveling, and I use TrendWeight.com to produce an exponentially weighted average. I've got nearly five years worth of data. My biggest day-to-day fluctuation was 5.4 lb.
  • Hanna10679
    Hanna10679 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I do. The weight fluctuations are what I expect based on my diet from the day before. I don't encourage people to do this b/c it can be frustrating on the days that you don't lose weight, but I, myself, need to do this.
  • QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love my Happy Scale app. It really keeps me from the scale crazies