Intro

Options
Hello so I'm new on myfitness pal. I've been keeping a diary for maybe a month or more. This is a new account because I deleted my old one for reasons.
My ultimate goal is to lose the muscle mass I gained from years of lifting weights. I'm just not going for that aesthetic anymore. I weigh about 133.9 and have of goal of 122. I don't know if I'll ever get that far because maybe I'll like the way I look during the whole process and decide I've lost enough. I don't know but I'm prepared for it.
My diet consists of low protein, high fat, and moderate carbs.
I just saw my doctor and they know of my diet and I asked to be referred to a dietitian so they can monitor and support me(that's the plan anyways). I see them in about two weeks so I hope it goes well. I saw once dietitian already but they just seemed more focused on my BMI and not losing more weight. It didn't seem like they understood I had a goal and that it was reasonable. I didn't feel supported. I'm not going to try and lose weight forever. I don't want to get to dangerously low weight levels. But, like I said she was concerned and that's understandable. I just need someone who isn't going to get distracted.
Anyways, I'm excited to continue keep track of my intake. I didn't think to look for a place where I could introduce myself. I recently joined another forum so this is all pretty new to me.
Welp, I look forward to the future and possibly making friends on myfitnesspal.

Replies

• Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Although the BMI is an important metric, there are times when the views of health professionals are a bit myopic with regards to such things.

I wish you the best of luck!