P90X

Options
Okay, so this is my third time doing P90x. (have not finished either of the two previous times) and have made it further this time than either of the two previous. Tomorrow (saturday) will be the start of phase 2. My calendar shows that Sunday is my 30th day. (30 day pics, ugh :noway: not looking forward to that)
I am not following the nutrition plan because i have a 7 year old and cooking 2 dinner meals would not be cost effective or time mgmt effective for me right now. Any ideas?
Do you do anything majorly different in phase 2 -food wise- than you did in phase 1? Eat a ton of protein? cut back carbs? Maybe i should break out my books and read them again. sigh. I'm just amazed i have stuck with it and made it to phase 2! Thanks for any suggestions/comments. I appreciate them!

Replies

• jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    i did p90x through twice and i did not follow the nutrition guide (in fact, i gave it away). so i think it's okay to eat your own food as long as it's healthy and you're not going over. sorry i don't know anything about the diet except that it was mostly protein and foods i find unappealing lol
  • MsWriter
    MsWriter Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of starting P90X. What are the results like? Do you do other exercise as well as P90X?
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I've just started (day three is tonight) but I read a lot of reviews by people who had gone through the program. The consensus is that if you follow the nutrition plan in theory, but alter it to fit your needs, then you have better results. Also, most of the visual changes don't occur until month 2 and 3 which is why so many people don't finish, they figure that their pictures haven't changed in a month so they quit. I'm prepared for the lack of change but looking forward to the big reveal!

Eat plenty of calories so you don't zonk out, lots of protein and complex (natural) foods, veggies, etc. and I think you'll be fine! Plus all those things are good for a 7 year old too :)
  • Elanesse100
    Elanesse100 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing week 6. I love it. I can't get enough of P90X

Following the Nutrition Plan helps tremendously. I didn't follow it for the first month. No weight loss. I started it two weeks ago and lost 10 pounds in two weeks. Fat Shredder is amazing. Now, you may need to be on Fat Shredder (Phase 1 food plan) for longer or shorter than phase 1 exercise plan. The book says it could be 2 days or 2 months, you use it until have no more fat to shred or your performance suffers greatly.

The Energy plan just cuts out 1 serving of protein, one serving of vegetables, and adds two servings of carbs. This gives you more energy to work out with. Don't worry, it won't gain weight back. Actually, sometimes an increase in calories can cause more weight loss. It doesn't seem to make sense, but your body's metabolism will be working harder.

As far as food ideas. You don't need to make two meals. Just substitute healthy foods in for the bad ones. You don't want to feed your kid bad food while you eat the healthy stuff right? Anytime you make hamburgers, tacos, meatballs, anything with ground beef, substitute it for ground turkey. It tastes better in my opinion, is cheaper, and far more healthier than beef.
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Phase 1 is low carb.
    Phase 2 is equal carb and protein.
    Phase 3 is high carb lower protein.

I am currently in my 2nd round of the program.
    I have before and after pictures up on my home page, blog, and a forum thread. As well as my honest review of the program.
    I didn't follow the exact meal plans from the nutrition guide, but I did hit their recommended daily macros. I am currently using the Phase 2 diet plan during this 2nd round and have increased my calories substantially, as I lost all the weight I wanted.

It's an awesome program. Message me if you want more details about any of it.