Jillian Michaels or P90X?

Options
I don't know which one to start first..Help please??

Replies

• Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    im gonna guess jillian micheals would be easier to start with!! :)
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    i would go with p90x cause that is what I have! Bring it!!!
  • takm0527
    takm0527 Posts: 53
    Options
    I would say Jillian and if you find it too easy then go to p90x...I started p90x and didn't finish ( like so many others)...now I am doing Jillian and mixing in some of p90x strength and hoping then in 30 days I will be strong enough to get through p90x the whole way.

My problem is I beat myself up if I can't get an exercise done properly...so if you don't care if you can't complete all the exercises than maybe you won't have the same problem.

p90x is tricky...some of the exercises are just fine....even overweight and out of shape I can get through the DVDs (sweating my *kitten* off in the process) like Kenpo or the strength ones...but then you have Plyo and Yoga that really push you to the edge.

I am in the group doing the 30ds...it is challenging...but you can push yourself to make the workout as hard as you need to.

Good luck!
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    im gonna guess jillian micheals would be easier to start with!! :)

I haven't done P90X but I'm not sure Jillian would be easier. She literally broke me. I broke my foot last summer doing one of her workouts. LOL.
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    P90X is much more expensive than Jillian, it also requires you to buy equipment for their workouts (like a pull up bar, etc). So I'd suggest Jillian.
  • Elanesse100
    Elanesse100 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    P90X is tough. And I mean super tough for the first couple of weeks. They expect you to be in shape before you start it. The guide says you should complete P90 before starting the X. Plus they have a fit test that you should pass before starting.

I did none of that. Luckily I had been running 9 miles a week for the past 3 months, but I was still over weight (230 lbs). P90X is difficult, but so rewarding. 6 weeks in, I love every minute and wouldn't dream of skipping a day. I now weigh 215 lbs and am on my way down to 180 lbs.

My advice is to do it with a friend. They keep you motivated. Someone to laugh with, keep you accountable, and keep you working the whole time.

You may want to start with the other workout if you haven't been doing any exercise at all. P90X probably would really wear you out.
  • catclws
    catclws Posts: 15
    Options
    Jillian Micheal is what I use. I have 3 of her dvd's. Loving my results! :love: :love:
  • DeterminedToBeHealthy
    Options
    Hi! Depends on your fitness level already. I switch between both but found starting with JM helped before trying P90X.

Also, depends how much time you’ve got. Some programmes are longer than others. Basically, do what you can and don't over do it.

Check out the reviews for both, get a feel for what they offer, which is best suited to you, and decide from there. Either way, you’ll get a great work out. Both are fun and awesome. Enjoy!