Home exercise

Options
Any tips on home exercises that are low impact and can take place without equipment? I desperately NEED help...

Replies

• SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    The first that comes to mind is walking. There are tons of work out videos on Youtube. Body weight exercises - push ups, squats, planks. If you have limitations - google is a great place to search "exercises for women with _________________". Good luck!
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    TLHwls2017 wrote: »
    Any tips on home exercises that are low impact and can take place without equipment? I desperately NEED help...

I like kundalini yoga by Ana Brett and Ravi Singh. They have a bunch of DVDs. The Yoga Flow Bootcamp and Fat Free yoga are my favourites. They work you hard but are completely low impact and all you need is a mat :)
  • VirtualMellie
    VirtualMellie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Youtube all the way for me. A couple of great channels that offer low impact workouts would be HASfit, Body Project, and the body coach. :smile:
  • SapphireMoon23
    SapphireMoon23 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I love the
    Youtube all the way for me. A couple of great channels that offer low impact workouts would be HASfit, Body Project, and the body coach. :smile:

Hasfit rocks
  • ladytwilight72
    ladytwilight72 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone has great videos for walking at home and building strength. I use them daily and really enjoy them
  • AriyahIsrael
    AriyahIsrael Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone has great videos for walking at home and building strength. I use them daily and really enjoy them

Yesss... Walk Away The Pounds is my go to low impact home workout
  • Aplant77
    Aplant77 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has a couple Yoga workouts that really get your body in shape but are low impact. Yoga Meltdown and Yoga Inferno.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    The insanity program is meant to be very good.
  • BoiNeezy
    BoiNeezy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Add me I'll give u tips
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    BoiNeezy wrote: »
    Add me I'll give u tips

I bet you will
  • kissedbythesunlight
    Options
    Look up Leslie Sansone on YouTube.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    BoiNeezy wrote: »
    Add me I'll give u tips

I bet you will

You cynic, you ;)
  • kat_princess12
    kat_princess12 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone is a great place to start with in-home walking. Most of the DVDs include a 1-mile or 20-minute walk as well as longer/more intense ones, which means you can build up your stamina with just one DVD. I also like the 10-Minute Solutions Pilates workouts. They are targeted workouts for arms, abs, flexibility, etc that you can do either singly or all in a row. Neither are particularly expensive. I have certainly gotten more than my $12-15 worth out of each that I own. I've got a Leslie Sansone DVD that I've been using for 10 years! I just got a different one last year! And my 10-Minute Solutions DVD has been with me at least 5 years.
  • gardengnomemanifesto
    Options
    I have been looking up the same stuff and I find a lot on youtube. I think the yoga stuff is probably more of a low impact type workout. And also the strength training stuff can be low impact? I don't know any specific names but youtube search that stuff and a bunch comes up. I think this is the plan I will go with for my new start.