New to FitnessPal

Options
Hi, I am a 42 year old working mum of two boys from New Zealand. I got sick of the weight creeping up and finally decided to really do something about it. I want to lose 10-15lbs (in NZ we generally use kgs as a measurement 7kgs) When I was younger and overweight I went hiking a lot and dropped 20lbs (10kgs). But with two kids and two part time jobs it's a lot more complicated!

Replies

• daniel_nong
    daniel_nong Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey Cath! Welcome to MyFitnessPal! This will definitely help with your weightless goals. There are a lot of amazing recipes out there that are good for both you and your boys!
  • Mister_Stoo
    Mister_Stoo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Two tips that have helped me: be realistic with your calorie intake targets, and honest in your calorie recording. Adjust your diet as necessary, and you'll lose the weight. I've lost over 13lbs (in the UK we use stones & pounds generally) and it's been so much easier to keep track using MFP. Good luck!
  • cath183b
    cath183b Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Mister_Stoo. I have found the food diary really insightful. I have had a few slip ups but have lost 2kgs so far which is really encouraging.
  • FitBeardedJourney
    FitBeardedJourney Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Welcome @cath183b the MFP Diary really helps as long as you're truthful with it. I have a 2 year old and 1 more on the way so I can totally relate with trying to find time for yourself. This community is chalk full of helper people that have been in your spot and love to help. Best of luck! feel free to add me as a friend
  • Blackelia
    Blackelia Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good luck. And 1 more thing.

That weight was gain over time , so give it some time to lose it .

Dot get hasty.

Aaaaaand everything will be good .
  • cath183b
    cath183b Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Blackelia. Gained one of the two I lost over Christmas, now to re-commit to food goals. I knew Christmas would be a bad time to start this, but I figure I would be (two kgs) if I hadn't started when I did.
  • Ruby_66
    Ruby_66 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey Cath where are you in NZ? I'm in Nelson. I am struggling a but getting back into things after Christmas but getting there. Just cruising on here looking for inspiration. :)
  • staceyjames94
    staceyjames94 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have just joined the forum. New to fitnesspal.
  • kirstyj69
    kirstyj69 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've got about 15kg to lose and have just started back on MFP. Holidays is easier to make good choices, but I live on junk during term time (I'm a teacher and mum of 3), with little time to exercise between work, meetings and mummy taxi duties ... keen to get shifting it but finding it much harder at 48 than it was before children!