Almost In tears

Options
2»

Replies

• VegasBaby
    VegasBaby Posts: 49 Member
    Options

JDMac82 wrote: »
    Take a deep breath, exhale, ok lets take this a step at a time. (not trying to be rude)

Kudos for taking the first steps in your fitness journey, getting started.

Working out is important to fitness. but nutrition is the key. Its what your eating that I would be interested in seeing. High sodium stuff can cause water retention which can lead to increased body weight.
    Not saying you do but if your meals are beer and pizza then youll be adding a lot of calories into your system that arent being worked off.

Understand that its a roller coaster of ups and downs on this journey, embrace the downhill easy parts and embrace, dig in on the hard parts.

Seeing an initial increase can occur cause your putting more water in the system then normal and sodium is elevated... see above. Sodium daily allottment is a T Spoon size amount of ketchup to give you a visual.

Understand that this journey will take 21 days to become habitual and 6 to 8 weeks before you see any changes.

You said you gained 40 in 3 years, it didnt happen over night and it wont come off over night either.

I would encourage you not to get caught up in the diet fads and " quick fix gimmicks" far to many to list.

What types of workouts are you currently doing

Thanks for your encouragement!

I do need to remember it will just take time.

Right now, I am doing spin class at least 2 times a week for at least 40 minutes and also doing strength training once a week (for now, may move it up as I get more fit). I did look back at my food diary and I have very little in the way of vegetables or fruit for that matter. Not pizza and beer (but that sounds real good right about now! haha) but toast with natural peanut butter on it for breakfast or oatmeal, and for lunch things like a veggie burger and dinner is definitely my most high calorie meal.

Anyway, thank you for your positive words!
  • VegasBaby
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    See responses in your other thread...

I posted in a fit of rage and thought I deleted this from the other thread. But thank you, I will check!
  • VegasBaby
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Did you begin to exercise? Eat a meal high in sodium/carbs in the past few days? Are you nearing ovulation or TOM?

You aren't going to lose every week. My first two weeks I gained too. Be patient, make sure your logging is as accurate as possible, and it will start to come off.

I am right in the middle of my cycle.

In retrospect, I did eat a lot of sodium yesterday.

Thank you.
  • VegasBaby
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    OP - what is your age? Lots of wacky things can happen to your body as you approach menopause, which can start earlier than you may think. Same with certain types of birth control. When you had all these tests, did any of that come up?

I am 34 years old. All my hormone levels, etc looked great according to my doctor.
  • VegasBaby
    Options
    leggup wrote: »
    1,800 cals a day is a great start, though I'd recommend using a food scale if you aren't already. If you're 100% accurate with your logging, 1,800 is enough of a deficit for most women to lose weight on slowly. Remember, when you were eating "well over 2000" calories, you were likely gaining weight still. Your maintenance calories might be something like 2,100 at your current weight. Hard to say without more information. With a small deficit there will be lots of meaningless fluctuations. I suggest getting a third party app like Libra (free) or Happy Scale (free) to log the overall trend of your weight so that little blips aren't so demoralizing.

Thank you! I didn't even know about those sites! I will check them out!
  • VegasBaby
    Options
    Yeah, I'm confused too - are you eating 1200 or 1800? What are your stats?

Sorry about that. I am eating 1800 as I ease in. MFP says to eat 1200, but for me, right now, that would be sabotage. I will work to get down to 1200 calories, but for now, I am focusing on eating less and eating more whole foods. The first week on MFP, I just logged food (without "dieting") I was eating well over 2500 calories (gross, I know) . Anyway, that's why I thought I would aim for 1800 for the first week or two and then 1600 and eventually get down to the 1200 MFP says I should eat.
  • Jonnydebrasco
    Jonnydebrasco Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It is water as you started to workout. I will just say this as it has been said above.